Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

In wake of shootings has anyone changed what they EDC???

In the wake of the recent shootings (ARs, Body armor, etc...) have any of you changed your EDC? I watched a video recently where Tim Kennedy was talking about switching to the FN57 to account for body armor. Its definitely something that would help. Im just not sure how concealable that handgun would be for me in the summer. Sometimes i bring my OH S*** bag with me. It can have a rifle and some spare mags. However its not always on me and sometimes i leave it in the truck. Is one of the options to carry a small SBR or "pistol" in a rifle caliber in a backpack? One that is easily carried and doesn't draw suspicion? Vert'x actually has some nice options, and a few of my rifles would probably fit no problem.

Being a father, its something i think about when i leave the house. Really curious what some of you have changed, if anything.

Thanks.

User Info Menu

No change, crazy people shootings are really rare.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

I switched my carry only because I found something better for me. I don't plan for o **** moments. It's there if I have the need to throw lead.
    I'm gonna, riiiide 'till I can't no more.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    No change, crazy people shootings are really rare.
    Mostly this.

Paying attention to international terrorism for the last several years provides all sorts of real-world anecdotes for what the spectrum of potential incidents might be... and what might be necessary to stop them.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog697 View Post
    In the wake of the recent shootings (ARs, Body armor, etc...) have any of you changed your EDC? I watched a video recently where Tim Kennedy was talking about switching to the FN57 to account for body armor. Its definitely something that would help. Im just not sure how concealable that handgun would be for me in the summer. Sometimes i bring my OH S*** bag with me. It can have a rifle and some spare mags. However its not always on me and sometimes i leave it in the truck. Is one of the options to carry a small SBR or "pistol" in a rifle caliber in a backpack? One that is easily carried and doesn't draw suspicion? Vert'x actually has some nice options, and a few of my rifles would probably fit no problem.

Being a father, its something i think about when i leave the house. Really curious what some of you have changed, if anything.

Thanks.
    Nope, no changes in gear. Perhaps some changes in outlook, though.

I am curious if can purchase ammunition (or legally possess) for the FN 5.7 that will reliably penetrate soft body armor. When it and the P90 debuted, the ammunition that met those specs was not available in the US to non-LEO civilians.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Still carry my ec9s, or my 3913 in shoulder holster when colder out.
    Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one. -Chesty Puller

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

No recent changes for me. I changed up to better address the modern day terrorist threats along with long gun toting thugs a few years back.

Always did think having a long gun around didn't cost much vs needing one and not.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Im on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    No recent changes for me. I changed up to better address the modern day terrorist threats along with long gun toting thugs a few years back.

Always did think having a long gun around didn't cost much vs needing one and not.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

A Glock-27 .40 85% of the time with a spare magazine, a Glock-22 .40 and a spare mag 15% of the time depending upon threat perceived. But against a shooter(s) armed with an AR or AK, cover and concealment hoping for a good shoot if I can, or have to, is more realistic. Texas shootings recently happened in a State much like ours with great handgun laws that did not make a difference, armed LE response did. I would hate to have to "Gear Up" to go to the Wal Mart Market for milk, but you never know

User Info Menu

No recent changes.

Other than practice.

No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast