• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    You know after scanning the channels this weekend and briefly landing on the Indy race, me thinks NASCAR really has more pressing issue with fan attendance/diminishing revenue than pictures from sources still willing to pay to advertise.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I have never understood the allure of NASCAR and couldn't really care less about what they do, but this seems like they are turning on a majority of their own fan base.

That being said, I think all these companies banning open carry and having issue with simple pictures of firearms will have a long term affect on people's opinion of guns. When you can't see them or talk about them and gun owners are driven to fringe social media sites where they can talk about them freely out of sight, the only voice regarding firearms for the rest of the country will be the main stream media.

Last edited:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have never understood the allure of NASCAR and couldn't really care less about what they do, but this seems like they are turning on a majority of their own fan base.

That being said, I think all these companies banning open carry and having issue with simple pictures of firearms will have a long term affect on people's opinion of guns. When you can't see them or talk about them and gun owners are driven to fringe social media sites where they can talk about them freely out of sight, the only voice regarding firearms for the rest of the country will be the main stream media.

Truth. IMHO this has been part of the anti's agenda for years. Paint the picture that gun owners are crazy, paranoid, limp d!€£'s with a need to compenate or backwoods rednecks and are the "biggest threat to society ". Get the picture painted and make it an obscure dark culture and well you know the rest

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    This reminds me of the clinton days when all sorts of companies were trying to out anti gun one another for tv time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    well NASCAR was invented forthe people that didn't understand professional wresteling

Well you can have that opinion of course but shows how little you actually knew about the sport. Not current state of the series but in its heyday.

Call-em as you see-um of course.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The great days were race on Sunday and sell on Monday. You could actually buy and drive a Plymouth Super Bird like Richard's. It was like a block long and very thirsty, but you could drive it on the highway. Boss 429 Mustang, a great car that you had to almost pull the engine to change the plugs, but again you could drive one off the dealer's lot.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Truth. IMHO this has been part of the anti's agenda for years. Paint the picture that gun owners are crazy, paranoid, limp d!€£'s with a need to compenate or backwoods rednecks and are the "biggest threat to society ". Get the picture painted and make it an obscure dark culture and well you know the rest

They are succeeding quite well at removing firearms from day to day visibility for non-shooting folks. We need to make sure that guns stay mainstream some how.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The great days were race on Sunday and sell on Monday. You could actually buy and drive a Plymouth Super Bird like Richard's. It was like a block long and very thirsty, but you could drive it on the highway.

I succumbed to this. 1985 Monti Carlo. Black as midnight. The new to NASCAR bumper cams sold more of these due to the Intimidator than people actually know.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I succumbed to this. 1985 Monti Carlo. Black as midnight. The new to NASCAR bumper cams sold more of these due to the Intimidator than people actually know.

You had a lot of company in those days, stock car racing has drifted away from it's roots.

Top Bottom