Hollywood's Love/Hate Relationship With Guns...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Above everything else the movie industry wants to make money. Action adventure films with guns sell, even the more cheaply made ones.

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    I appreciate this article. Take the John Wick movies for example. Part of the marketing for these movies were the released videos of Keanu Reeves training at Taran Tactical's facility. Once the third John Wick movie was released, they again released another video of the training even including the training of Halle Barry. This allowed for more attention to Taran Tactical's products including the Combat Master, the 9mm Major etc. Since these movies have released, I have seen more and more videos of celebrities training at the range. Michael B. Jordan, Jamie Foxx and I even saw the Big Show at the range.

There is a constant need for "Activism" in Hollywood. While I do agree that their celebrity status is a way to influence, I also believe that most of Hollywood firmly believes that they are smarter than the average American.

Fallschirmjaeger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Noblesville
    In general, the terms "Hollywood Celebrity" and "Oxygen Thief" can be used interchangeably.

MH

True. Also toss in "Hypocrite." How many of those Hollywood types love the money and stardom they get from roles in gun-filled movies, only to publically call for gun bans? And that includes actors who own guns themselves, or live under the protection of armed guards. The rest of us peasants aren't entitled to such things.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    720 AM WGN radio announcer John Williams.
    He is a very gun hatter.
    He will denounce owning a gun in every way possible.
    Well one of his broadcasts was from the Civic Center in Valparaiso.
    The Porter County Sheriff brought a fully automatic Thomson Sub-machine gun to the broadcast.
    The sub-machine John Dillinger used to kill police and civilians.
    John Williams had the Sheriff bring it up on stage.
    John Williams was very active in showing it off to the audience and telling everyone about it on the air.
    Then the Sheriff told John Williams and his crew and staff they could have a chance to fire it.
    John Williams and his crew jumped at the chance to fire this killer weapon.
    The very next day John Williams told everyone over the air how exciting it was to fire the Killer sub-machine gun.
    He even broadcasted that the weapon was the one John Dillinger used to kill so many people.
    To date John Williams will tell his audience that every gun should be taken away form everyone.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Sad...
    Most libs I've seen firing full auto usually get that smile going and they just can't get rid of it.

I bet this John Williams guy will start collecting machine guns secretly.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    True. Also toss in "Hypocrite." How many of those Hollywood types love the money and stardom they get from roles in gun-filled movies, only to publically call for gun bans? And that includes actors who own guns themselves, or live under the protection of armed guards. The rest of us peasants aren't entitled to such things.

Charlton Heston once told me that Steven Spielberg, the guy who digitally erased the guns from the hands of law enforcement officers in the movie ET, has the biggest collection of full auto firearms in Hollywood.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Charlton Heston once told me that Steven Spielberg, the guy who digitally erased the guns from the hands of law enforcement officers in the movie ET, has the biggest collection of full auto firearms in Hollywood.

Wait, that was a real thing? I thought South Park made it up.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hollywood does not hate guns. Hollywood just hates you having guns. They are fine with having them for themselves but when it comes to the commoners having them, they draw a very strict line.

I wish people that are on the fence would understand that when a movie star or politician talks of gun control, they are not talking about protecting you, they are talking about protecting themselves from you.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Hollywood does not hate guns. Hollywood just hates you having guns. They are fine with having them for themselves but when it comes to the commoners having them, they draw a very strict line.

I wish people that are on the fence would understand that when a movie star or politician talks of gun control, they are not talking about protecting you, they are talking about protecting themselves from you.

Very astute point...

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    I think it’s more of Hollywood not understanding why you need a gun, when your security detail should be armed.

“Let them eat cake” type of mentality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Wait, that was a real thing? I thought South Park made it up.
    Trey Parker, Matt Stone and Seth Mcfarlane have thrown in hints to what happens in Hollywood for years the shows aren’t just satirical, they’re telling truths as well.

the majority of NFA registered Thompsons are owned by Hollywood executives/movie studios, I would say they included that as a joke because it is ludicrous to them

Hollywood liberal gun nuts, by Steve Sailer - The Unz Review

AjKilgore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2019
    Northern Area

It is insane the hypocrisy. Basically anyone famous or in government has some sort of protection.

Top Bottom