Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Ever leave the range due to unsafe shooters?

I was shooting at a range outside of Dunkirk , IN on the first of this month and shooting a 357 at the 50 yard position and a couple of positions to my left at the 25 yard position there is a guy shooting a 22 rifle at a spinning metal target. After firing several rounds I look over and this guy is waking down range , no verbal warning , no "Can I go down?" and here I am with a loaded gun in my hand?! Thing is to my right there is a law enforcement officer and he sees this and never says a word?

Anyway I had enough and said "HOLD UP" - went down retrieved my targets - loaded up the car and drove to the conservation club outside of Muncie. I think I am done with that range after my membership is over this year.

User Info Menu

I've left the range several times in the past due to unsafe behavior of others. It's why I won't go to a range where people are expected to share a single shooting bay anymore. It's not worth the risk. If I can't have a bay to myself (including people I know and trust), I'm not shooting there.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Plinker

User Info Menu

Packed up once because of a RO trying to clear a malfunction for another range shooter. Walked out to the manager of the store and asked him to review video. Before I was done packing and chatting with a friend, said RO was leaving the building without the company shirt and a duffle bag in hand. Never saw him there ever again.

User Info Menu

I got flagged at Parabellum by 3 young men with rifles. I yelled at them, someone came running in and threatened to kick them out. I rarely yell.

Same range, different day. A woman was shooting at my target. Some guy she was with was helping her. I yelled at her too, 'Quit shooting my target.'. I'm such an ars.
    I'm gonna, riiiide 'till I can't no more.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I have.

At the same time, I'll always remember good folks warning me that I was getting too close to breaking the rules and my first day of competition DQ.

A lot of folks just don't know. If it looks as though there is a window of oportunity, I try to help those folks.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

Expert

User Info Menu

When Atterbury was just dirt berms and unmanned, we left several times due to unsafe idiots.

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

Yep. Just last Saturday. This kid was shooting a pistol. I watched the slide lock back and he turned and muzzled me as he walked my way. I grabbed the pistol, pointed it down range and said he was done shooting.

The boy was my 8 year old son. He had been shooting his M&P .22 for a while. He was excited he hit all of the steel plates. I had already warned him once about muzzle discipline.

This was only the second time he's been in the pistol bay shooting. So hopefully this sticks with him.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtanker View Post
    Yep. Just last Saturday. This kid was shooting a pistol. I watched the slide lock back and he turned and muzzled me as he walked my way. I grabbed the pistol, pointed it down range and said he was done shooting.

The boy was my 8 year old son. He had been shooting his M&P .22 for a while. He was excited he hit all of the steel plates. I had already warned him once about muzzle discipline.

This was only the second time he's been in the pistol bay shooting. So hopefully this sticks with him.
    We wouldn't be discussing this, if more kids had dads like you.
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

Yes. At Frank Frank Merry, and at Farmland, both. If it looks like the offender is making a mistake of simple ignorance, I'll try to help them understand where they went wrong, and what is right. We all make mistakes. If they're just being a dumbass, well, anywhere around me at a range is no dumbass zone.
    I hear They call him Flipper. Yes... yes, I'm serious.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    When Atterbury was just dirt berms and unmanned, we left several times due to unsafe idiots.
    Absolutely. My safety trumps all.

"Oh yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of living is gone"

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast