• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I thought they got rif of the ammo at my Local Meijer, but they just moved it. Not that it matters. Their prices were always so high i dont think they ever sold anything. All the boxes were/are covered in dust

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    In the Indy area if they have ANY handgun ammo, you can probably carry it all out in your arms. or at least one of the little baskets you can carry. And NEVER any 22LR. Just some rifle and several cases of various shotgun shells.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Only time I bought ammo at Meijer was when they had Shotgun shells on the clearance table. 12ga and 20ga Federal Game Load for $4.34/box.

Even the stores in Michigan don't have much of a guns/fishing section(the ones I have been to). But then again, if I'm in Michigan I would much rather go to Jay's Sporting Goods.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Hey, just wondering if still have that CZ 75 P-01? Thinking about getting another one to replace.

Geez been here 6 years, don't have 50 posts and you're commenting about buying a CZ 75 P-01 that they don't sell in a thread about handgun ammo
    being gone from MeijeR.

You have much to learn Padawan.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I was at Crmel yesterday, NO handgun ammo only the usual shot shells, lots of .22, and a few boxes of odd caliber rifle rounds.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    All this ammo will be push in other stores including local gun shops. I think the price of ammo will drop just so it can get pushed off the factory floor. Walmart I guess sold a large amount. That same volume has to go somewhere.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I just got tired of nothing ever being where it was supposed to be. They completely re organize the entire Muncie store about every 15 minutes. I just don't have that much patience anymore. Stopped going in several years ago.

khayden65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    United States
    Was in the Muncie store this weekend, shotgun and 22’s was about it! Also did not have a copy of the Donald Trump JR. Best Seller; “Triggered”, coincidence or was it just out of stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just got tired of nothing ever being where it was supposed to be. They completely re organize the entire Muncie store about every 15 minutes. I just don't have that much patience anymore. Stopped going in several years ago.

This makes you have to actually shop. Walk the entire floor to fill your cart. In that the impulse buy increases. It is a common tactic. I hate it.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I thought they got rif of the ammo at my Local Meijer, but they just moved it. Not that it matters. Their prices were always so high i dont think they ever sold anything. All the boxes were/are covered in dust
    Agreed. Every once in a while I saw someone purchase 1 box of something at that store. The only other time was during the .22lr shortage where they couldn't keep it on the shelf even with elevated pricing.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I was at Crmel yesterday, NO handgun ammo only the usual shot shells, lots of .22, and a few boxes of odd caliber rifle rounds.

I stop at that one on my way home for groceries.
    Even if you wanted to overspend on handgun/rifle ammo, you would never find anyone who actually has a key to open the case.
    Fred Meijer would not have tolerated this.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I stop at that one on my way home for groceries.
    Even if you wanted to overspend on handgun/rifle ammo, you would never find anyone who actually has a key to open the case.
    Fred Meijer would not have tolerated this.

We buy "Food and occasionally clothing" in Meijer and Wally. Arts and crafts materials etc. Never ever shop ammo etc. Never.

SpydieSig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 26, 2019
    Lafayette
    I live about 3.2 seconds from Meijer. Do 90% of my shopping there. Ours still has handgun ammo last I checked. I bought ammo there during the last 9mm crisis but havent bought in years from there. But they do still have it. I see people carrying in there regularly. At least its not Target. Or God forbid, Walmart. That place gives me crazy anxiety.

Top Bottom