• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    Rifles or pistols that you regret selling or trading.

H&R model 322.
    Basically a short action Sako in .222 Remington. Picked it up new for a song because the box said H&R on it. Three shot groups all day long at 100yds. < 1/2".

Remington Nylon 66,

Winchester 9422 magnum.

Browning BDA .45, i.e Sig P 220.

ARS FAL, DSA intermediate contour barrel. Random NATO ammo, 9 holes at 100yds fit under a quarter.

Forgot about the Colt SP1. Nothing particularly great about it other than possible future value.

MH

Last edited:
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    1) S&W 13 with a 3 inch barrel, I foolishly let go of both
    2) Browning P35, foolishly let go of both
    3) S&W 19 snubnose, foolishly let go of both
    4) AK 74 Arsenal
    5) Colt HBAR
    6) M1 Carbine
    7) S&W 65
    8) Yugo SKS
    9) More Enfields than I care to count
    10) Beretta 92 FS
    11) East German Makarov
    12) M44 Mosin Carbine
    There are probably more, buts that all I can remember now. Oh my S&W 10 pencil barrel. I wish I had kept it

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Savage model 24 .22lr/.410bore.
    I replaced it years later with a nicer version, but it cost more than I care to admit.
    I basically stole the first one, and way over-paid to replace.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    All stainless (pre-inox), all metal, Italian made, Beretta 92 FS with factory walnut grips. I kick myself fairly often for letting that one get away, and that was probably close to 15 years ago now.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Taurus pt 24/7 oss ds...
    I've only ever sold one gun, and wish I didnt.. plus it was neat in its own way. Lol

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    First one was a Reminton 1100 with a monti carlo stock I purchased for trap shooting when I was 17. Used it weekly for about a year and then I needed some cash. Put an add in the thrifty nickel and some guy in a caddy came over and I sold it for 200.00; including a basic reloader.

Second was a snubby......Colt Detective Special, nickel (forget what year) in excellent condition. I got 800.00 for it about 8 years ago and was sorry after......10 minutes. The LGS I sold it to had it on the shelf a month later for $1500.00..........lesson learned; the hard way.

Never sold one again.

Last edited:

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Marlin 39M Octagon .22cal lever action. Marlin Firearms only made them in 1973 and only made 2100 of them.Bought it for a " song and dance" because at the time the LGS did not know what he had, nor did I really. Just thought it looked neat. I was 23 back then and clueless( and thought I had all the answers though). Paid $250.00 for it. Had it for maybe 2 years and sold it to buy ??. Now if you can find one. Even a used one will bring $1000.00. :ugh:

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I bought 3 of the imported euro police H&K P7s back around 2007 or 2008, and then traded two of them off for something forgettable. I kept one, more by accident than plan, wish I had kept the others.

Had a small collection of LE marked 3rd Gen Smith semi autos and Smith LE marked revolvers, all ended up traded or sold. Not really valuable, but they were interesting, and I regret getting rid of them.

Gave a girlfriend a vintage but minty S&W 36 j frame. Girlfriend is long gone, so is the revolver. lol

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I bought 3 of the imported euro police H&K P7s back around 2007 or 2008, and then traded two of them off for something forgettable. I kept one, more by accident than plan, wish I had kept the others.

Had a small collection of LE marked 3rd Gen Smith semi autos and Smith LE marked revolvers, all ended up traded or sold. Not really valuable, but they were interesting, and I regret getting rid of them.

Gave a girlfriend a vintage but minty S&W 36 j frame. Girlfriend is long gone, so is the revolver. lol

Some of those 3rd gens are starting to creep unless its a 5906 I think those will be 350 for a while.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    The only one that I can think of that I regret selling was a Remington 1100 Lt-20. Beautiful wood, totally reliable, and absolute death on birds and small game. What is really stupid is why I sold it. Just started a new job, had moved in with the pregnant fiance and needed $ for Christmas. Marriage lasted less than 2 years.

Moral of the story: If you knock up a lib *****, just go ahead and pay the child support from the start. You'll be happier and better off in the long run.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    My first one. An Ithaca model 49. It shot crooked as a dog's hind leg, and Dad didn't have the time to help me with it. I got frustrated and sold it. A: I was stupid. All it needed was a little sight adjustment. B: Fathers: MAKE the time. It took me 40 years to add another to the collection, and we'll never get that first one back.

Also, an old, beat up 686 and a Raging bull in .44 that I sold several years ago just to make sure that I had enough cash for unforeseen expenses at Christmas. I regret not having thought farther ahead, and having money saved, but not the decision to do what I had to to take care of everybody. Still, they were both beautifully shooting revolvers, and I miss them.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    All stainless (pre-inox), all metal, Italian made, Beretta 92 FS with factory walnut grips. I kick myself fairly often for letting that one get away, and that was probably close to 15 years ago now.

Your first issued duty weapon? I bought my first duty weapon off the my dept when we/they upgraded to Glocks. I sold it a few years later and now kicking myself in the ass for it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I had a nice nickel 586, MCSD marked Model 66 and Mosin Nagant M39 that I let go. I’ll regret all of those but the 66 went to a good home and I brought a Model 13 home in exchange, so that is less a regret and more just sad to see it go.

Top Bottom