• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Without an FFL,...they don't and can't. Without some sort of licensing the feds have no authority over individuals. By requesting a license you are putting yourself under their 'authority'.

renauldo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    2 close 2 Illinois
    Which gun store told you that you are required to keep such info?

I guess you picked up right away on the circumstances behind my post. I've been buying, selling, trading guns for 40 years. Hobby only, I've never been able to justify a large collection so a new gun for me usually requires a sale of one of mine to buy another gun. I've never been aware of a non FFL being required to keep sales records until that info was recently passed onto me by a long time employee at Blythes in Griffith.

Last edited:

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Did this person also remind you to immediately register each of your guns with the Federal Gun Registration Department?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I guess you picked up right away on the circumstances behind my post. I've been buying, selling, trading guns for 40 years. Hobby only, I've never been able to justify a large collection so a new gun for me usually requires a sale of one of mine to buy another gun. I've never been aware of a non FFL being required to keep sales records until that info was recently passed onto me by a long time employee at Blythes in Griffith.

Great gun store. Need to train their employees.

I was in high school and had enough money for an HK93 to match my HK91 that I bought when the DM tanked. I walked into Shoe's Gun Rack on 10th Street to buy one that they had.

Blob of a man on stool running his cookie hole about bass fishing. I asked to buy the HK93 (had already inspected it).

Blob said it would be "highly ill-eagle" to sell that "machine gun" to me. I laughed told him it was Title I. Blob wanted to talk about bass fishing, so I walked out and bought my HK93 somewhere else.

In the retail gun business the law is used as a stalking horse to justify inaction or as a stalking horse to tell others what to do.

Don't get us started on the gun business, we may never shut up.:D

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We all need to be more aware of the current law and what the dems want to make it into.

Hidden language like "background checks" is a registration process that will change this discussion, if we allow the dems control.

We need to make everyone aware of the realities on this.

Morgan88

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Jasper
    Whether you need to or not. I would be interested to see all the different models you've had. Also some people are just record keepers. Would be easy to open a flash drive and note, manufacture and model # , whom you bought it from, serial#, and any circumstances when bought. Sometimes there are
    funny stories. Flash drives take a few seconds to use then close and store where you want. Would be part of your history when your gone.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

Were they also kind enough to let you know that the Lifetime LTCHG was going away as well?

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Judging by most of the For Sale ads in the Classifieds ...
    Sellers want to see a Indiana DL & Indiana License to Carry Handgun to Verify you are a "Proper Person" ...
    Buyers want to see a disclaimer - NOTHING Recorded

Personally I would like a Open Resource to Check Serial Numbers to make sure what I am buying was NOT reported stolen a month ago
    ... because if there is a event where they are checked by Law Enforcement --- " I bought them from a guy in a Bar for $50" is not acceptable

AjKilgore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2019
    Northern Area
    I was told i had to register my handguns with the county as well as to never buy a gun off someone. I don't even think the store employee gets commission off sales but he was adamant on the whole "Only buy from FFL".

Top Bottom