So they get their "ban" of assault rifles.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    What would be your prediction for this ban? Lets just look at this from an AR perspective.

Do they just ban the lowers? (since they are serialized...)
    Do they ban all parts related to the firearm? (barrels, bolts, etc.)
    OR do they just ban the "scary" parts again?

Interested to see what everyone thinks would happen, IF it ever passed.

I personally dont see anything passing. However, if they did pass something i would think it would be familiar to the last "assualt weapons ban."

Thanks in advance for your comments!

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    With the near unlimited supply of 80% lowers, this so called ban is a moot point. It's about control and doing your thinking for you. They wanna tell you how to think act and be more civilized while the thugs are free to willy nilly about without restrictions since they are not gentlemen and ladies. The Brown Shirts of ANTIFA will make sure you toe the line. Only unevolved Neanderthals will have weapons unless they are The Enforcers. Sound familiar?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    1) The "antis" learned an awful lot from their last, failed attempt to ban AWs.

2) Text of legislation can ban anything. It's just a matter of legislators arranging and re-arranging words on paper until they get it right.

3) It's not going to have a "sunset" provision, next time.

4) If you think the ATF isn't aware of the "lower" issue, and will not be advising congress about it during drafting of the legislation...re-read #2 above.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    There's an endless assault on 2a by the Dems. I'm Republican but used to vote for the best candidate locally. I will no longer vote one more into any office and let them get their foot in the door. Clerk, Sheriff, school board, dog catcher.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I don't think we will see a ban in the near future.

IF the Dems with the Senate and White House in 2020, all bets are off. I don't see any of the presently running Dem clowns defeating Trump, although I have a feeling the "real" Democrat contender hasn't shown their/her face as of yet.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Anti 2A stuff is driven by big media on a national level, they'll be too busy at "Camp Impeachment" in dc to do much else.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Excuse my naiveness, but how is the atmosphere in indy politically? Does it seem to be going in the way of chicago, Dallas, la take your pick of any major city?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Excuse my naiveness, but how is the atmosphere in indy politically? Does it seem to be going in the way of chicago, Dallas, la take your pick of any major city?

Not as bad as those cities, but not for lack of trying. Redline, meatless Mondays, etc.

Luckily there are enough conservatives to keep us from becoming a super liberal city like those.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Top Bottom