I am going to do something that I thought I never would...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I am going to actually own an AR.

Don't get me wrong, I know all about them and have fired countless rounds thru them but I have never spent my own money on one.

I am not sure if I am going 5.56 for the son or 7.62 for me but the easiest way to get me to buy something is to tell me I can't.

Why the sudden change? To tell you the truth it is because I came across an Israeli model of the "SUIT" scope on an AR mount. These old Trilux scopes were all the buzz back in the day but being in the USMC meant you would only ever hear about it but never have one until their were some surplus broken ones to inherit.

So somewhere between scratching an ancient itch and thumbing my nose at those in society that feel "if something looks scary it should be voted off the planet" I intend to find satisfaction.

They haven't stop making "handled" uppers yet, have they? And like they say, AR 10's are 5 AR's safer than an AR 15...

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Congratulations on coming to the dark side, i really enjoy my AR15s but I love my AR10s. For some reason theyre like Pringles, you just cant have 1, at least I couldnt

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    BCM, Colt, or FN. Better yet, buy all 3.

Go with 5.56, if you aren't happy with the effectiveness, buy MK262 77gr for less money than you'd pay for surplus bulk 7.62 and you will have a surprisingly accurate and effective round.

20" government profile or pencil profile rifles really are special, they balance beautifully, they put a heck of a lot more umph behind the cartridge, and they're lighter than many of the heavy barreled carbines. For carbines, a pinned and welded 14.5" or 14.7" barrel really makes for a nice compact home defense gun over the 16" barrels.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Handle. Pencil barrel. Sounds like fun.

1tK7hby.jpg

A2, something like 40 years old.
    Unfired, is that a crime?

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Hey, just remember it has now been formally stated and will soon be law that you can't have "an" AR. Must get at least 2!

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I went through USAF basic in 1981, I qualified on the A1, and always wanted one, so I bought one years ago (lost in a boating accident since then) I loved the carry handle, if I can see the target, it is in range....

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    They are like legos for adults. I vividly remember them being just a bit out of budget for me and only have enough for an AK. It’s an amazing time for ARs, I never thought we would have so many choices and it be so affordable

The only downside is that I wish I bought all the $300 AKs I saw back in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    The only downside is that I wish I bought all the $300 AKs I saw back in the day.

And the $100 SKS'? My LGS, long ago, had two pallets of them, probably about 30 guns each. $99.99

Just a thought, do you think there might come a day you wish you would have bought more ARs at $500, $800, $1000?

Top Bottom