• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    I doubt to the anti-gunners in the room heard a word she said. It would be nice to know if the committee she was talking to had any comments after her speech.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This is the second time I've heard this clip...the first was when it was replayed on Guy Relford's radio show this weekend. The facts don't lie: politicians do. For many gun control advocates, the problem is a lack of awareness and understanding. Many of them only want to make society safer. They are misguided, and fact-driven lectures like this can be of benefit. They are of no benefit for power-hungry politicians. To them, they masquerade "people control" with "gun control." The gun isn't the issue; people are the issue. So, no, unfortunately, they haven't been schooled. :xmad:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    [video=youtube;HZmkv-5jnW0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZmkv-5jnW0[/video]

Verdict: she took them to school, but it's likely the intended audience were all out to lunch mentally.

It's cool that she presented factual information, but also drove it home with a personal anecdote at the end to also include the emotional angle.

I enjoyed the woman behind her with the glasses on her head nodding in agreement at certain points.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    She did pretty well, alas I’m sure it fell on deaf ears.

I doubt to the anti-gunners in the room heard a word she said. It would be nice to know if the committee she was talking to had any comments after her speech.

Verdict: she took them to school, but it's likely the intended audience were all out to lunch mentally.

It's cool that she presented factual information, but also drove it home with a personal anecdote at the end to also include the emotional angle.

I enjoyed the woman behind her with the glasses on her head nodding in agreement at certain points.
    IF you watch carefully, every time they cut to the legislators, they are all doing other things. They arent paying attention to her. They are reading papers, etc. They already know how bad these scary weapons are, and how they will vote to ban them. They dont need to hear anything from anyone because nothing will change their minds.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Here is the rest of it: https://judiciary.house.gov/legislation/hearings/protecting-america-assault-weapons

The circus starts about at 35:00. Lots of other "schooling" going on, especially from Chairman Nadler. The politicians' minds are already made up. I appreciate Ms. Swearer's message and testimony. I agree with her position. She might as well have been shouting at a wall or P'ing into a fan. She was just the token pro-gun voice allowed by the anti's.

39:57 The committee has already passed and suggested, "Prohibit individuals convicted of hate crime misdemeanors from possessing firearms".

Maybe they can start a Say-something, Lose-something campaign.

Reference: https://www.thetrace.org/2019/09/di...tic-misdemeanor-hate-crime-background-checks/ This is your typical anti-gun liberal drivel.

Lots of shocking stuff here if you take the time to watch it and listen. Most people just want the soundbites, gun owners included. That is why this stuff (insert harsh term referencing fecal excrement) is flourishing and the American people are losing ground every day.

I understand the pro-gun community gathering together to high-five each other over stuff like this, but we might as well just P in the fan too. We are outnumbered, our stories are not as powerful and we as a community are inactive and just want to be left alone. Our independence based ideology and individualist mindset is being used against us.

I am not a defeatist. I am a realist. I have no idea how to counter this other than to ask my fellow gun owners to spend a few moments looking up from your entertainment and your pursuit of happiness and realize what is going on around you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Here is the rest of it: https://judiciary.house.gov/legislation/hearings/protecting-america-assault-weapons

The circus starts about at 35:00. Lots of other "schooling" going on, especially from Chairman Nadler. The politicians' minds are already made up. I appreciate Ms. Swearer's message and testimony. I agree with her position. She might as well have been shouting at a wall or P'ing into a fan. She was just the token pro-gun voice allowed by the anti's.

39:57 The committee has already passed and suggested, "Prohibit individuals convicted of hate crime misdemeanors from possessing firearms".

Maybe they can start a Say-something, Lose-something campaign.

Reference: https://www.thetrace.org/2019/09/di...tic-misdemeanor-hate-crime-background-checks/ This is your typical anti-gun liberal drivel.

Lots of shocking stuff here if you take the time to watch it and listen. Most people just want the soundbites, gun owners included. That is why this stuff (insert harsh term referencing fecal excrement) is flourishing and the American people are losing ground every day.

I understand the pro-gun community gathering together to high-five each other over stuff like this, but we might as well just P in the fan too. We are outnumbered, our stories are not as powerful and we as a community are inactive and just want to be left alone. Our independence based ideology and individualist mindset is being used against us.

I am not a defeatist. I am a realist. I have no idea how to counter this other than to ask my fellow gun owners to spend a few moments looking up from your entertainment and your pursuit of happiness and realize what is going on around you.

I believe we all realize what we are up against and why.
    But being a realist what would you suggest we do. I have done and continue to be active as possible. I to am a realist. I see how futile it is to get anything across to an agenda driven political machine bent on disarming us. And the electorate just keeps these people in power. That is the real issue here. We are fighting a well established and deeply entrenched machine. We are fighting ourselves.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I believe we all realize what we are up against and why.

I have to disagree with this...in part. I know some of us understand what is going on and pursue things beyond the superficial presentation. I also know of the "it don't affect me, so I don't care" community. I continually see a lack of responsibility that undermines our cause.

I know people have to focus on their family and their home-life. I know of the people obsessed with their entertainment devices and their connectivity. I see and hear of people with their sense of self-worth completely tied into their on-line presence. People, desperate to share their experiences with others are walking into fountains, falling off cliffs and walking into propellers of idling planes.

What I don't know is how to watch this social metamorphosis of our society and believe that everything is going to be alright.

I look for a leader that is willing to stand up and be the first. I long for concise leadership of moral fabric. I still desire to see the dignity returned to the Oval Office that was promised by the Republicans after Slick Willy. Unfortunately, in my opinion, it is dignity in America that is missing as a whole.

I hope for an awakening in America. I pray for the Lord's mercy. I hope and pray that I'm not alone.

One of these days, I hope to learn to quit trying to do this in the GD forum...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Global gun control/confiscation is required for people control. Global warming is a fancy name for population control on a mass murder scale. The people that are pushing both of these ideals are one and the same. The last I heard they say six billion people need to die immediately to save the earth.

Ask yourself will you be one of the one's spared in this global quest?

This is why I'm against both of these evil ideals.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I have to disagree with this...in part. I know some of us understand what is going on and pursue things beyond the superficial presentation. I also know of the "it don't affect me, so I don't care" community. I continually see a lack of responsibility that undermines our cause.

I know people have to focus on their family and their home-life. I know of the people obsessed with their entertainment devices and their connectivity. I see and hear of people with their sense of self-worth completely tied into their on-line presence. People, desperate to share their experiences with others are walking into fountains, falling off cliffs and walking into propellers of idling planes.

What I don't know is how to watch this social metamorphosis of our society and believe that everything is going to be alright.

I look for a leader that is willing to stand up and be the first. I long for concise leadership of moral fabric. I still desire to see the dignity returned to the Oval Office that was promised by the Republicans after Slick Willy. Unfortunately, in my opinion, it is dignity in America that is missing as a whole.

I hope for an awakening in America. I pray for the Lord's mercy. I hope and pray that I'm not alone.

One of these days, I hope to learn to quit trying to do this in the GD forum...

Do you support Youth Shooting Clubs? Like Revere's, or 4-H, or Hot Shots, or the Winchester Youth programs, or many others, etc.
    Those Youth Clubs in my opinion are where we preserve our 2A. By getting behind those programs via funding or volunteering or both you can support our cause. I see a lot of kids in my area taking up shooting sports as a hobby. Whether it is a busting clays with a shotgun, shooting paper targets with a rifle, shooting playing cards with a pistol, or blasting eggs with a muzzleloader the youth enjoy shooting. These youth grow up learning gun safety and responsibility. They grow up to appreciate the 2nd Amendment and they eventually will vote. So, I suggest instead of being just a realist be also a financial supporter and / or volunteer of the Youth Shooting Sports programs and invest in our future.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Do you support Youth Shooting Clubs? Like Revere's, or 4-H, or Hot Shots, or the Winchester Youth programs, or many others, etc.
    Those Youth Clubs in my opinion are where we preserve our 2A. By getting behind those programs via funding or volunteering or both you can support our cause. I see a lot of kids in my area taking up shooting sports as a hobby. Whether it is a busting clays with a shotgun, shooting paper targets with a rifle, shooting playing cards with a pistol, or blasting eggs with a muzzleloader the youth enjoy shooting. These youth grow up learning gun safety and responsibility. They grow up to appreciate the 2nd Amendment and they eventually will vote. So, I suggest instead of being just a realist be also a financial supporter and / or volunteer of the Youth Shooting Sports programs and invest in our future.

RFT

It has been a generational shift away from the 2A. It will be a generational change back to a support of the Constitution.

Hearts and Minds...

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE

Short answer, yes. I support an organization with substantial investments of finances, time, and sweat. That organization has built ties with the NWTF, the Jakes, and is trying to reach out into the community for shooter education and summer youth camps. I have also been involved with Girls and Guns, an introduction for women into shooting sports.

Our organization is having a difficult time getting anybody to volunteer for anything. This seems to be the case for a lot of volunteer organization these days. Am I the captain of the boat with my foot on the bow? No, I am not that guy. Not everybody gets to be the leader. I am a guy that helps to row the boat.

My level of participation? I am certain you do not mean to question it in a negative way, here is my resume:

I serve as an RSO the first Saturday of every month. I am a landscaper, a groundskeeper, I have sat my rear in a tractor seat for hours upon hours in the summer heat. I dig, rake and swing a pickaxe. I have hired back-hoes and purchased materials for improvements and I have installed those improvements (82 tons of pea-gravel last summer). I have back-filled and rebuilt the berms on our ranges. I have arranged for donations by several businesses in the community of materials and firearms. I attend board meetings and I am willing to volunteer when asked. I have also attempted to arrange a few volunteer workdays, only to result in utter failure.

I work damnably hard to provide a facility that is a legacy to our club as well as an enticement to build membership. Our club is currently struggling and is burdened with many issues within and without. It is languishing due to lack of member involvement. It is on the brink of financial collapse and I am doing my part (and then some) to keep it alive even though I question the direction of the organization, its membership and its leadership.

My current extra-extracurricular project is to start mining our berms, by hand. Our quantities are too small to interest the large companies. I am willing to build a homemade sifter myself. I am currently seeking three or four volunteers to help. I believe that a couple of hard days labor might yield a couple hundred dollars worth of lead do donate back to the club as well as make headway into putting the dirt back where it should be on our pistol berms.

Would you like to come help me?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Short answer, yes. I support an organization with substantial investments of finances, time, and sweat. That organization has built ties with the NWTF, the Jakes, and is trying to reach out into the community for shooter education and summer youth camps. I have also been involved with Girls and Guns, an introduction for women into shooting sports.

Our organization is having a difficult time getting anybody to volunteer for anything. This seems to be the case for a lot of volunteer organization these days. Am I the captain of the boat with my foot on the bow? No, I am not that guy. Not everybody gets to be the leader. I am a guy that helps to row the boat.

My level of participation? I am certain you do not mean to question it in a negative way, here is my resume:

I serve as an RSO the first Saturday of every month. I am a landscaper, a groundskeeper, I have sat my rear in a tractor seat for hours upon hours in the summer heat. I dig, rake and swing a pickaxe. I have hired back-hoes and purchased materials for improvements and I have installed those improvements (82 tons of pea-gravel last summer). I have back-filled and rebuilt the berms on our ranges. I have arranged for donations by several businesses in the community of materials and firearms. I attend board meetings and I am willing to volunteer when asked. I have also attempted to arrange a few volunteer workdays, only to result in utter failure.

I work damnably hard to provide a facility that is a legacy to our club as well as an enticement to build membership. Our club is currently struggling and is burdened with many issues within and without. It is languishing due to lack of member involvement. It is on the brink of financial collapse and I am doing my part (and then some) to keep it alive even though I question the direction of the organization, its membership and its leadership.

My current extra-extracurricular project is to start mining our berms, by hand. Our quantities are too small to interest the large companies. I am willing to build a homemade sifter myself. I am currently seeking three or four volunteers to help. I believe that a couple of hard days labor might yield a couple hundred dollars worth of lead do donate back to the club as well as make headway into putting the dirt back where it should be on our pistol berms.

Would you like to come help me?

I already Repped you up thread do just accept a +10 in the open OK.......:thumbsup:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...Global warming is a fancy name for population control on a mass murder scale. The people that are pushing both of these ideals are one and the same. The last I heard they say six billion people need to die immediately to save the earth...

Of all the Tom Clancy books, I used to think that The Sum of All Fears was the one most likely to play out in real life. Terrorist obtaining a cobbled together nuke at detonating it at the Super Bowl wasn't that much of a stretch. When the lights went out at the Super Bowl in New Orleans, I was nervous.

Now I'm convinced that his book Rainbow Six is more likely to happen. Environmental terrorists creating a bio weapon and attempting to kill most of humanity, except the chosen, enlightened few so they can "save" the planet.:rolleyes:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Of all the Tom Clancy books, I used to think that The Sum of All Fears was the one most likely to play out in real life. Terrorist obtaining a cobbled together nuke at detonating it at the Super Bowl wasn't that much of a stretch. When the lights went out at the Super Bowl in New Orleans, I was nervous.

Now I'm convinced that his book Rainbow Six is more likely to happen. Environmental terrorists creating a bio weapon and attempting to kill most of humanity, except the chosen, enlightened few so they can "save" the planet.:rolleyes:

They will only put the planet in remission. The virus (us) will grow back.

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    My only concern with the stance that some take, and the speaker referred to it in video, is that the more we point out that more people are killed by handguns than rifles, the more we are stepping on our own toes. Not that I don't think their perfect world scenario already would be total disarmament of any type of gun.

Top Bottom