• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Long story short I have a store credit of $155.00, for over a year now. The credit was a result of poor workmanship, which was corrected elsewhere. So I have decided on purchasing a Ruger American Rifle, so that would leave me with about $150.00 out of pocket if I make the purchase. Problem is that its been a year, and I am still annoyed over the breach of trust.

I had thought about just buying some ammo but they are so overpriced on it that too sounds like a waste. So do I just purchase it and call it good, from now on avoid shopping there period? Originally I was so mad that I took the store credit, but thinking about it having the store credit is really taking money out of my pocket if it goes unused.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, spend it all, even if on overpriced ammo, without taking any more money out of pocket if you can. Thats your best bet.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Buy the rifle forget about them.

Life is to short to think about shoddy craftsmanship!

Enjoy your half priced rifle!

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Buy the rifle forget about them.

Life is to short to think about shoddy craftsmanship!

Enjoy your half priced rifle!

^^This is what I'd do.^^

If you've waiting this long to use the in store credit, chances are the whole issue is kinda still eating at you a little. If you buy their over prices ammo, it's more than likely the fact you spent more than you should of is going to eat at you also. Buy the rifle and enjoy it. Get back at the shop by not letting them have any more of your money after you get the rifle and direct people elsewhere so that shop doesn't get their money either. If people ask about that shop, share your experience and direct the person asking somewhere else where you had a more positive experience.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Not sure what kind of store it is, but I'd use it in as thrifty a manner as you can at that store, on something I would not have to deal with them again on from any kind of servicing standpoint.

If the rifle is a good/market price there then, I'd go ahead and get it.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Not sure what kind of store it is, but I'd use it in as thrifty a manner as you can at that store, on something I would not have to deal with them again on from any kind of servicing standpoint.

If the rifle is a good/market price there then, I'd go ahead and get it.

That is what I was thinking no future service needs, one of the stores alleged selling points is Lifetime warranty on all fire arms sold there. Figure with a Ruger that takes that out of the mix. Not a salesman for Ruger but they have always in my opinion offered of a good product for a fair price.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    ^^This is what I'd do.^^

If you've waiting this long to use the in store credit, chances are the whole issue is kinda still eating at you a little. If you buy their over prices ammo, it's more than likely the fact you spent more than you should of is going to eat at you also. Buy the rifle and enjoy it. Get back at the shop by not letting them have any more of your money after you get the rifle and direct people elsewhere so that shop doesn't get their money either. If people ask about that shop, share your experience and direct the person asking somewhere else where you had a more positive experience.

yes its eating at me a little. I am kind of that way when someone breaches my trust and alleges they can do something they clearly have no business doing, even if it is something as simple as installing a front sight. Which clearly was beyond their capacity to do in a competent manner.

I have not been there since after having purchased a Ruger Charger, Ruger officer size 1911 in 9mm, a Baby rock.. not that they will miss my business I am sure the LGS has far better customers than I.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Just leave the money in there and don't buy anything from them ever again.

That'll show them who's boss. :yesway:

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Use the store credit, otherwise it's "their gain". If you buy the Ruger American, they will "lose money" due to the limited markup on the rifle, so you may spend $150 out of pocket, but it will cost them double to replace it (think cash spend on your side of $150 vs cash spend to replace by them $300). Spend the money!! Obviously, you can maximize "their loss" by buying a $150 gun (0 in cash from you, and $100+ for them to replace).

You will walk away with a $300+ gun for $150, and they will need to spend $300 to get it back on the wall. You should be happy about that, based on your comments.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Use the store credit, otherwise it's "their gain". If you buy the Ruger American, they will "lose money" due to the limited markup on the rifle, so you may spend $150 out of pocket, but it will cost them double to replace it (think cash spend on your side of $150 vs cash spend to replace by them $300). Spend the money!! Obviously, you can maximize "their loss" by buying a $150 gun (0 in cash from you, and $100+ for them to replace).

You will walk away with a $300+ gun for $150, and they will need to spend $300 to get it back on the wall. You should be happy about that, based on your comments.

never thought of it that way, normally I am not so spiteful but this guy was so arrogant and argumentative, clearly it was my fault the front sight fell off in less than a hour and one round fired, when I asked about it at the store he was too busy to address my concern of this does not seem to fit right?

So yes Ruger American it is

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Actually, no. its his money he already gave them, they just refused to give it back to him in cash. Still his money that he already spent there. They wont lose out no matter what.

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Actually, no. its his money he already gave them, they just refused to give it back to him in cash. Still his money that he already spent there. They wont lose out no matter what.

You can agree or disagree, doesn't matter to me. The $150 is sunk and already realized by the shop. If he doesn't walk in, they are +$150 for nothing. If he does spend, they are +$50 overall (so negative $100 the day he walks in, as the $150 was from 11 months ago) and he get's a Ruger American.

If he told me he can get $150 cash for his $150 credit, obviously that's the direction everyone would push him. He can't. So use it.

Top Bottom