• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PlaysInTheDirt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Southport
    Hey Everybody...I currently have and reload for a Single-Six in .32 H&R which I enjoy very much. I am interested in a double-action revolver in the .327 Federal for a different experience but still allowing for the lesser rounds to be used. Can anyone comment on the GP100 in the .327 chambering? This will be a "fun gun" for me (steel out to 100yds) with maybe some small game hunting tossed into the mix so thinking about the 6" barreled version. Looking forward to you comments...Thanks!

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Hey Everybody...I currently have and reload for a Single-Six in .32 H&R which I enjoy very much. I am interested in a double-action revolver in the .327 Federal for a different experience but still allowing for the lesser rounds to be used. Can anyone comment on the GP100 in the .327 chambering? This will be a "fun gun" for me (steel out to 100yds) with maybe some small game hunting tossed into the mix so thinking about the 6" barreled version. Looking forward to you comments...Thanks!
    I have shot PITD's 32 H&R revolver, and it's an absolute HOOT!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Isn't it BigTanker that got into these?
    Yep. I have the LCR in .327. The cartridge is very versatile. Plink with the .32 S&W's. Full house loads with the .327 for SD.

Since you reload, I'd say do it out of a 6" barrel, I think a 100 the bullet will do 1,500 fps. The longer bullet profile give it a better sectional density with can lead to better accuracy. There are 130 gr hard cast loads available too.

Of course after the GP100, you'll have to get the Henry lever action in .327.

PlaysInTheDirt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Southport
    That 5" is a good looking piece, though right now I really like revolvers with a full underlug so my thought was the 6". The 32-20 is interesting but not quite the same animal to reload? I would need new dies and would i be limited to an older gun or a Blackhawk?
    The .327 Henry has been on my list for a while...I really like the carbine with larger lever loop, I could go all John Wayne or Chuck Connors on the hanging steel!

Thanks so far for the feedback...can anybody comment on the longer range accuracy of the 327 out of the GP100?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    That 5" is a good looking piece, though right now I really like revolvers with a full underlug so my thought was the 6". The 32-20 is interesting but not quite the same animal to reload? I would need new dies and would i be limited to an older gun or a Blackhawk?
    The .327 Henry has been on my list for a while...I really like the carbine with larger lever loop, I could go all John Wayne or Chuck Connors on the hanging steel!

Thanks so far for the feedback...can anybody comment on the longer range accuracy of the 327 out of the GP100?

I had never realized this until I posted the chart above but out of an 18" barrel, the 327 is a screamer.

barrel lengthFederal
    85 gr.
    Hydra-Shok
    American
    Eagle
    100 gr.
    JSP
    Speer
    115 gr.
    Gold Dot
    18"191021861880

I'm going to have to add on to my list.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I jumped into the .327 after acquiring a Marlin 1894 rifle in 32 H&R. The 4" gp100 came 1st, then a 3" sp101, then the Henry .327 steel carbine. I've not really shot any of them at distance for groups, but they're all a blast to shoot. The gp100 gets more .327 rounds, the sp101 more 32 H&R - It's pretty snappy with full strength 327. The Henry carbine is one of the handiest lever-actions I own. Just a pleasure to walk in the woods, and the factory 100 grains give a very nice thump out of the longer barrel. I don't reload, yet, but have been buying brass for when the time comes I can get into it. For many people, the .357 probably make more sense in terms of ammo choices, but I like different things, and the .32 calibers are a lot of fun. You also get an extra round in the revolvers over their 357 counterparts. As to reloading for 32-20 vs .327, I don't see how it could be any easier than the 327, with it's straight wall case, but again, I've never done it.

Also, welcome to :ingo:

PlaysInTheDirt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Southport
    I jumped into the .327 after acquiring a Marlin 1894 rifle in 32 H&R. The 4" gp100 came 1st, then a 3" sp101, then the Henry .327 steel carbine. I've not really shot any of them at distance for groups, but they're all a blast to shoot. The gp100 gets more .327 rounds, the sp101 more 32 H&R - It's pretty snappy with full strength 327. The Henry carbine is one of the handiest lever-actions I own. Just a pleasure to walk in the woods, and the factory 100 grains give a very nice thump out of the longer barrel. I don't reload, yet, but have been buying brass for when the time comes I can get into it. For many people, the .357 probably make more sense in terms of ammo choices, but I like different things, and the .32 calibers are a lot of fun. You also get an extra round in the revolvers over their 357 counterparts. As to reloading for 32-20 vs .327, I don't see how it could be any easier than the 327, with it's straight wall case, but again, I've never done it.

Also, welcome to :ingo:

mmp...thanks for the welcome. I joined up a while ago at the urging of a good friend but never really got involved in posting anything. Then I realized I can't get involved in the 'classifieds' section until I reach 50 posts. I'll try not to make a mess of things on my way to 50! I enjoy the 38/357's as well, both shooting and reloading. I rescued my Single-Six 32 H&R from Gander Mountain, it was a filthy mess but a little cleaning and it runs well. I've shot factory 32 longs and the H&R's through it as well as 3 or 4 different handloads and it is fun regardless of the round. the 327 just makes sense and I have gotten into a few full underlug revolvers recently that have me thinking about the GP100...then the Henry...or maybe the Henry first. Dang it!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Look into the Chiappa Rhino 357/38.
    Choice from 2 to 6 inch barrel.
    I really enjoy the lower barrel recoil.
    Straight back instaead for kick up.
    They are S.A./ D.A..
    They trigger is very smooth.
    The S.A. is crisp and quick.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Recoil with the full power 327's are a good amount less than 357's. At least in the LCR.

I'd bet they'd be even lighter with the full steel gun.

mmpsteve

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    Recoil with the full power 327's are a good amount less than 357's. At least in the LCR.

I'd bet they'd be even lighter with the full steel gun.

The 4" gp100 with full lug does a pretty good job controlling recoil, though you still can tell you've got a real magnum (unlike the 32 H&R 'magnum'). The sp101 is very sporty with full power 327. I'm guessing I would not enjoy a long session with the LCR. Yes, my name is Steve, and I am a wimp. :fogey:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I like my LCR but think I'd like the SP101 version more. I don't carry the revolver for self defense, it was a gun for the daughter to try and she didn't like full power 327. She could manage the 32 H&R a lot better. She ended up with a Walther CCW because the lighter striker fired trigger pull allowed her to be more accurate. 32 H&R isn't too bad for defense but 9mm is better.

The LCR just sits in the safe now. This SP101 come out and play more often I think:
    https://kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=128555

mmpsteve

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    I like my LCR but think I'd like the SP101 version more. I don't carry the revolver for self defense, it was a gun for the daughter to try and she didn't like full power 327. She could manage the 32 H&R a lot better. She ended up with a Walther CCW because the lighter striker fired trigger pull allowed her to be more accurate. 32 H&R isn't too bad for defense but 9mm is better.

The LCR just sits in the safe now. This SP101 come out and play more often I think:
    https://kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=128555

If I was going to buy an sp101 in 327, I'd probably opt for the 4" version, for a little more weight and velocity. When I bought the 3", the 4" had not been offered yet. I did put the Hogue grips on mine, and it helps with full power loads. 32 H&R is pretty mild, while still pushing 85 or 90 grain rounds to 900 fps or so. I wouldn't feel defenseless with it, if it came to that.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Some of you have probably missed this so I'll post it again. The .32 in a snubby isn't a horrible choice for SD. The full wadcutters did surprisingly decent.

[video=youtube_share;rz_m4M8CAe0]http://youtu.be/rz_m4M8CAe0[/video]

Top Bottom