• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    C.G. Haenel submits new variant as German Heer ponders selections from C.G. Haenel and Heckler & Koch.

Achtung, baby!

MK556 from Haenel

Haenel_MK556_li.png

Robert Hirt's HK416:
    HK416A5_14_RAL_re-1.png

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/10/14/german-army-moves-forward-with-new-assault-rifle/

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why would the Germans ditch the G36?

I shot one once it’s like a water hose on full auto very controllable.

Overheating. G36 got an enormous amount of bad press after bad fight in Afghanistan.

FRG announced a replacement in 2015. Not being in a hurry means the Germans can mull things over--upgrade the G36 (aren't you proud of me?) or buy new weapons. Looks like they are going with new platform.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Now, I wonder what's going to happen with all the G36's? Given the German government's virtue signaling, my guess is that they will destroy them.

I wonder if that means we can get a whole bunch of G36 parts kits into the country. Couple those with Tommy Built Tactical's G36 semi auto receivers, we might be able to get some reasonable clone builds under $2k.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Now, I wonder what's going to happen with all the G36's? Given the German government's virtue signaling, my guess is that they will destroy them.

I wonder if that means we can get a whole bunch of G36 parts kits into the country. Couple those with Tommy Built Tactical's G36 semi auto receivers, we might be able to get some reasonable clone builds under $2k.

Just like all the DDR AKs. The Germans will make a big show of throwing a handful in the furnace for the cameras and then sell the rest to death squads in the Balkans or Africa.

Top Bottom