Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

She was in fear for her life
    He was in fear for his life.
    Murder? Intent?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad69 View Post
    Homeowner shoots cop after cop shoots first and misses! (homeowner was referred for charges by grand jury)
    https://www.14news.com/2018/10/10/po...ing-owensboro/
    in Indiana
    Indiana Code Title 35. Criminal Law and Procedure 35-41-3-2
    (k) A person is not justified in using deadly force against a public servant whom the person knows or reasonably should know is a public servant unless:

(2) the force is reasonably necessary to prevent serious bodily injury to the person or a third person.

Reasonably necessary
    And apparently he didn't know. Just that he was getting shot at.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    Heard on the local news report that the nephew stated his aunt heard a noise in the backyard at which point she took her gun out but there was no indication the officer properly identified himself as such before the fatal shot was fired through the window.
    Incorrect. They explicitly said that the officer DIDN'T identify himself.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

KG1
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    Incorrect. They explicitly said that the officer DIDN'T identify himself.
    Correct . It wasnít meant to say that the nephew or anybody else didnít indicate that the officer failed to properly identify. Just that there has been no evidence as of yet that he did.

If you were to read the post again it says that there was NO indication that he properly identified himself.

Not a question of whether he did or didnít. It explicitly says NO indication that he did.
    Last edited by KG1; 10-16-2019 at 05:24.

User Info Menu

I would assume they would frown on me firing shots through the window at an unidentified person.

KG1
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I would assume they would frown on me firing shots through the window at an unidentified person.
    It appears that the officer may have identified a gun and just reacted to that.

Whatever happened is going to be sorted out in a trial now based on that reaction and the course of events that lead up to the fatal shot that was fired through the window.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    It appears that the officer may have identified a gun and just reacted to that.

Whatever happened is going to be sorted out in a trial now based on that reaction and the course of events that lead up to the fatal shot that was fired through the window.
    Simply identifying a gun is a poor reason to shoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spear Dane View Post
    That dude was no swat team. Where in the world did you get that from?
    The original version of the story I read indicated it was a special team, SRT or SWT, or something like that. That apparently was wrong; I have not read a full report on the shooting.
    ziggy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    The original version of the story I read indicated it was a special team, SRT or SWT, or something like that. That apparently was wrong; I have not read a full report on the shooting.
    They sent SWAT for a welfare check?
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

Atatiana Jefferson pointed gun at window before Fort Worth officer killed her, nephew told authorities

Oh look, they're trying to blame the victim.

The officer did not announce himself at any point. So, to Atatiana Jefferson it would have seemed like a strange man with a flashlight was lurking around her home at 2am while she was inside with her nephew. It's reasonable that she would have taken her gun to investigate.

She did nothing wrong.
    All play means something.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Sad situation all around & just a reminder that having your finger on the trigger can alter your life as well as others. Theoretically, police are trained better than we could ever train & yet this is an event that has repercussions that have life long consequences.
    Strongly suggest getting some kind of carry insurance if you donít already have it. Thatís not the issue for this now dead homeowner, but even homeowners that donít carry outside of the home, can find themselves in litigious situations defending their residence.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast