• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    $500 unfired colt A2. That 3rd hole though.

armslist.com/posts/10611410/indiana-rifles-for-sale--unfired-colt-

10611410_03_unfired_colt__640.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Colt did that for a while during the AWB to keep people from converting their receivers to FA. Because colt has always hated the people.
    This is a colt factory lower. Whats the scam? Unless im missing something. I dont use armslist

leftyM4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2019
    Oregon City
    Dang if the rifle is Indiana seems easy to verify if a scam or not its not like having to sending money if you can meet the seller face to face. Probably cheap because its a Ban Era rifle with a sear block in it but still a great deal. I have been looking for a colt A2 upper

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Dang if the rifle is Indiana seems easy to verify if a scam or not its not like having to sending money if you can meet the seller face to face. the upper alone is worth the asking price
    I was waiting for the OP to respond to make sure but Im guessing he had never seen one of these colt lowers before with the steel pin block. Maybe he thought someone had tried to convert a FA lower into a semi?
    But if the listing is real im not seeing the scam

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Seen this ad earlier today. No city listed just Indiana,Indiana. Those are always scams

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    Knowing it was a scam I told them I wanted it , here is the Response I got

Sounds good, send me a scanned copy of your ID/license to authenticate not been an underage and to proceed with necessary paper work for the shipping.
    Below is details for Money Order::

Melissa Sutton
    1005 metker st, apt 49
    Irving , TX

I would advice you use priority mail for faster delivery.
    Send me the tracking number when done.

Thanks

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    I found an elusive s&w 610 no dash with a 5" barrel on Armslist. The pistol looked very similar to a pistol I had bid on off gunbroker.

I called the joker that was located in Texas. He was of Latino community and barely spoke English. He said to pay with Walmart MoneyGram made out to his cousin. When she got it delivered, he would send pistol to ffl.

Sounds like same deal as colt Ar, if I remember correctly the address I was to send MoneyGram to was an apartment. He then called repeatedly asking if money was sent.

I looked back into my GB account and looked up lost auctions, pics were same as. The auctioned pistil sold for $1300, Armslist listing was $700.

Cable

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    The INGO community is definitely the best when it comes to getting background on buyers and sellers.

There is a segment of indiana gun owners that are just not on INGO. I do make it a point to ask Armslist users to see if they are also on INGO but often times i get the response, "INGO, never heard of it".

I recently acquired a good deal on an HK VP9 from a young Army Corporal in the 101st Airborne that is leaving for deployment. He just wanted to sell his stuff before he left. At first glance his Armslist add looked kinda scammy. Worked out ok after getting more info.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The INGO community is definitely the best when it comes to getting background on buyers and sellers.

There is a segment of indiana gun owners that are just not on INGO. I do make it a point to ask Armslist users to see if they are also on INGO but often times i get the response, "INGO, never heard of it".

I recently acquired a good deal on an HK VP9 from a young Army Corporal in the 101st Airborne that is leaving for deployment. He just wanted to sell his stuff before he left. At first glance his Armslist add looked kinda scammy. Worked out ok after getting more info.

That's literally how most of the scams stories operate. I'm actually quite surprise you actually happened across someone with that actual story that wasn't a scammer. Usually when I hear back on an Armslist ad that they are "deployed" or "traveling for business" that pretty much guarantees it's a scam.

Speaking of these Texas scammers, I think maybe the same guys were running the same thing on an purported HK SP5K listed in Anderson, but then magically it was in Texas.

leftyM4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2019
    Oregon City
    Sounds like Armslist needs a feedback system to help prevent scams. There does seem to be a good amount of too good to be true kind of adds there. I am glad you guys called this one out. I almost purchased the A2 upper from him.

Cable

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    That's literally how most of the scams stories operate. I'm actually quite surprise you actually happened across someone with that actual story that wasn't a scammer. Usually when I hear back on an Armslist ad that they are "deployed" or "traveling for business" that pretty much guarantees it's a scam.

No scam here. It was literally just a kid living with his parents wanting to sell his stuff before he leaves. He has a Diamondback AR-15 still on armslist if anyone is interested.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I almost fell for it once, I think in the sellers address, INDIANA,INDIANA, would be the first sign instead of Indianapolis, Indiana.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Dealing with an unknown private seller that can't be done face-to-face is an absolute no-go for me. Sooner or late, and most likely sooner, you're going to get ripped off. The only thing these scammers have going for them is a buyer who thinks it was too good a deal to pass up. What is the old saying about a fool and his money?

Top Bottom