• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    So what the differences between NCOWS and SASS?

NCOWS is historically accurate and does not allow firearms or modifications that can't be proven to exist before 1899. Examples would be the new Peacemaker clones that have an octagon barrel or rifles that have had short-stroke modifications done. SASS allows them and has categories promoting styles of dress, gun leather, and such used in westerns that didn't exist before Hollywood. An example would be the clothes and gunbelts that Hopalong Cassidy wore. NCOWS also has their targets just a little farther out then SASS.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Looks like a great opportunity for you to wear those leather “chaps” you have Rino?

I bet Indy shows up in a “breechcloth” ?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    NCOWS is historically accurate and does not allow firearms or modifications that can't be proven to exist before 1899. Examples would be the new Peacemaker clones that have an octagon barrel or rifles that have had short-stroke modifications done. SASS allows them and has categories promoting styles of dress, gun leather, and such used in westerns that didn't exist before Hollywood. An example would be the clothes and gunbelts that Hopalong Cassidy wore. NCOWS also has their targets just a little farther out then SASS.

Thank you, sir.

Looks like a great opportunity for you to wear those leather “chaps” you have Rino?

I bet Indy shows up in a “breechcloth” ?

Hey, my chaps are sheepskin. Do you know how many of the flock had to make the ultimate sacrifice so that I'd be period correct??

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'll have to check that out, sounds interesting. Sad to hear you won't be able to attend Alan.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I'll have to check that out, sounds interesting. Sad to hear you won't be able to attend Alan.

Thanks, Yes, you of all people would enjoy it. For me, it's bittersweet. I really hate to miss it... but we are finally moving back to Prescott, Arizona, something we have dreamed of for a decade. I leave in early December.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    Will any part of this be appropriate for schmucks who don't currently shoot cowboy and just enjoy old-western guns? Or is this pretty specific to members?
    I think anyone into old guns will enjoy it. There will be vendors and related seminars. So, if you're looking for parts or guns and related it should be for you.

Top Bottom