• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    Didn't know if anyone had posted about this yet.

Gander Outdoor is getting ready to close a bunch of location. Greenfield location is cleaning house. I have read that they will go through another re-branding and focus on RV's.

In Greenfield all items are 40% off, and ammo/firearms are 15% as of right now.

I just received a call from their marketing manager in Illinois looking to place ads, and he mentioned to me that guns will soon be 25% off.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I went to the closing of the Avon store almost weekly to see any firearm markdowns, along with other Ammo/camping supplies. Not sure about this particular closing, but I wouldn't waste my time. Even at 15% off, prices were higher than any LGS.
    Camping supplies were still more expensive than Amazon.

Plus, the store has essentially spit in the face of gunowners with their policies via their CEO statement when the RV rebranding was first announced a few years ago.

I don't celebrate losses for businesses generally, but this one feels like what's about to happen to Dicks. They brought it on themselves.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I went to the closing of the Avon store almost weekly to see any firearm markdowns, along with other Ammo/camping supplies. Not sure about this particular closing, but I wouldn't waste my time. Even at 15% off, prices were higher than any LGS.

Plus, the store has essentially spit in the face of gunowners with their policies via their CEO statement when the RV rebranding was first announced a few years ago.

I don't celebrate losses for businesses generally, but this one feels like what's about to happen to Dicks. They brought it on themselves.

When the new Gander Outdoors opened in Greenfield the prices were actually pretty competitive so now at 15% off there are some deals. Other merchandise is 50% off if for instance you've wanted a new airgun or something they have a decent variety. Clearance items are now 30% off.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    When the new Gander Outdoors opened in Greenfield the prices were actually pretty competitive so now at 15% off there are some deals. Other merchandise is 50% off if for instance you've wanted a new airgun or something they have a decent variety. Clearance items are now 30% off.

I liked the Greenfield store. Prices were hit and miss, but not any more so than LGSs can be. Gonna have to find somewhere new to pick up ammo for trap now.

Stopped in over the weekend and cleaned out a bunch of 38 JHP for 7.80/box.

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    I liked the Greenfield store. Prices were hit and miss, but not any more so than LGSs can be. Gonna have to find somewhere new to pick up ammo for trap now.

Stopped in over the weekend and cleaned out a bunch of 38 JHP for 7.80/box.

I had thought this second time around was better than their first time. The prices seemed better on this second attempt.
    Do they still have .38 JHP or did you finish it off?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I have read that they will go through another re-branding and focus on RV's.

Makes sense. An RV-centric business guy was who bought them in bankruptcy (Marcus Lemonis). He acquired a bunch of sporting good stores, and the "diversification" has *not* been going well for him. He's returning to the core business he knows and makes money at.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I had thought this second time around was better than their first time. The prices seemed better on this second attempt.
    Do they still have .38 JHP or did you finish it off?

I picked up the 6 boxes they had. It was the Jesse James stuff. Know nothing about it, but at worst it will be used to make pumpkins pop or something.

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    Update*

50% off the entire store, still 15% off guns and ammo. Still a lot of Rem green and white box 9mm. A lot of shot shells and 30-06 available. Some other random stragglers for ammo. Even though the ammo was 15% I contemplated the prices, and didn't feel compelled to go ahead and buy a bunch of it. I'll wait.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    If anyone pops in there, let me know how much the kayak / canoes are going for. I'm tempted to get a two seater.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Update*

50% off the entire store, still 15% off guns and ammo. Still a lot of Rem green and white box 9mm. A lot of shot shells and 30-06 available. Some other random stragglers for ammo. Even though the ammo was 15% I contemplated the prices, and didn't feel compelled to go ahead and buy a bunch of it. I'll wait.

But are those HONEST 15-50% off prices, or did they jack everything to MSRP+ before marking it down? TONS of stores love to take advantage of ignorant shoppers.
    The best was a toy store selling dollar boxes of candy "50% off" for a buck and a quarter. LOL

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    From what I saw, prices were same as normal, at least for what I look at. Picked up more CCI patriot packs for 9.74 for 300 rounds after discounts. Had normal 5.56/.223 prices and 9mm for 8.99 and 9.99 a 50 round box before discounts. All I saw was 115gr then, so passed. Decent prices, but not spectacular.

I thought they were getting RVs and clearing out to reorg the place for them. Is closing now certain?

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    Greenfield store has been like this for the past few weeks. Started at 40% then 50%.

I heard the same that it is a focus on campers leaving room for camping, backpacking, limited fishing.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    But are those HONEST 15-50% off prices, or did they jack everything to MSRP+ before marking it down? TONS of stores love to take advantage of ignorant shoppers.
    The best was a toy store selling dollar boxes of candy "50% off" for a buck and a quarter. LOL

I stopped in the Greenfield store on Friday evening. The prices seemed to be discounted from what they had been selling for in that store beforehand.

That is to say, I believe the % off to be genuine.

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    I tried to call Greenwood to see if they had any of the surplus Berettas in stock but the phones didn't work.

The Greenfield store has a TON of surplus Beretta M1951 pistols. Some are in decent condition, others look a bit rusty. None of them were really in good enough condition for me to jump on it and pick one up at the price point. Don't quote me on this, but if I remember correctly they were trying to move them for a little over $350.00. See for yourself if you're really interested.

Actually I may go back there today to purchase a jacket, so I'll check the price again and conditions. Anyone else want to check anything for them?

Top Bottom