• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlienRayGun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 28, 2019
    Indy
    Name a firearm or firearms you are on the fence about.
    (And maybe someone can talk you into a purchase [or out, haha])

1911/2011's for me.

As far as the 1911, I can't wrap my head around single stacks.

2011's, it's the SAO. I've always been a DA/SA

... and Glocks. But that could be because I've never had opportunity to shoot one. I think I would like a custom.
    But then, I'd probably like a custom-anything.

AlienRayGun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 28, 2019
    Indy
    Like the looks of the new M&P M2.0 sub-compact. However, not sure would have much if any advantage over my 2.0 4in or my 2.0 Shield (primary edc for concealment).

Yeah, if you're comfortable with the longer barrel length, there isn't much more to be had getting a SC.

The M&P M2.0 SC beats a Glock 26/27/43 on two important measures, barrel length and capacity. Thought about getting a G27 before, but the mag size is a deterrent.

I've considered getting a Shield, but never, uh, pulled the trigger. I guess that's another OTF pistol for me.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Right now its the Kimber Raptor II 10mm 5"

My local gun shop has one for $1057 + the Governors fee. I almost pulled the trigger on it today as I drooled all over it. She had to wipe it down after prying it from my hands.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    A Henry in .327 Fed. Mag. I've become a big fan of that round and it's predecessors. One rifle that will plink with 90 gr loads at 650 fps to Magnum loads at over 2000 fps.

I have no need for it. It's a decent chunk of $$$ to me but.......

Who knows.....

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Arsenal SAM7...
    I have a stamped Arsenal and an NPAP... don’t have time to shoot them... do I need another AK?

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Lately, it has been a Hi-Point 995 carbine in an old school "Planet of the Apes" stock. Local pawn shop has one for $150. I must be brain damaged...:abused:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, if you're comfortable with the longer barrel length, there isn't much more to be had getting a SC.

The M&P M2.0 SC beats a Glock 26/27/43 on two important measures, barrel length and capacity. Thought about getting a G27 before, but the mag size is a deterrent.

I've considered getting a Shield, but never, uh, pulled the trigger. I guess that's another OTF pistol for me.

Can't go wrong with a Shield. Main carry is the 9mm version. Also have it in 45ACP flavor and it's a good shooter. Shares some of the holsters with the 9 too.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Sig 320 TXG Legion. My LGS had one a couple of weeks ago. It felt real nice but I can't justify it over something I already have.

Then, somebody went and posted about that DWX. The temptations just keep coming.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    A Henry in .327 Fed. Mag. I've become a big fan of that round and it's predecessors. One rifle that will plink with 90 gr loads at 650 fps to Magnum loads at over 2000 fps.

Who knows.....

That kind of versatility is hard to ignore and it sounds like you already stock those calibers for your revolver. "Need" is an overrated concern. With the low-power plinking loads, I bet a kid would love shooting it. Could be a good introduction to centerfire shooting.

If you have time to take up reloading, you can save quite a bit on ammo cost. The calibers in question are also lead bullet friendly resulting in further savings. Even if you don't cast your own, the projectiles are still cheaper than most jacketed alternatives.

I'm trying to help, lol. :)

AlienRayGun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 28, 2019
    Indy

Who knows.....

Have you had hands-on time with it?

I'm getting a Henry: God Bless America Edition Big Boy in .44 Magnum/.44 Spl next month to test, if I have time.

I could ask if they could send two rifles to me. We are able to buy what we test, pretty much at cost. You could get some range time with it, and the lowest price you'll ever find it at, if you happen to like it. Just in time to buy yourself an xmas present.

AlienRayGun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 28, 2019
    Indy
    The new Springfield Armory HELLCAT!!

I'm getting a Hellcat to test sometime in the next few week. I have to wait my turn for the big pubs to do their reviews first.

If you're nearby, you're welcome to flog it, see if you like it. It's going to have to be a good shooter to convince me.

AlienRayGun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 28, 2019
    Indy
    Lately, it has been a Hi-Point 995 carbine in an old school "Planet of the Apes" stock. Local pawn shop has one for $150. I must be brain damaged...:abused:

I don't think I could pass up a $150 firearm. I always avoid the price range search on Armslist. Stuff I don't need to know.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    #1) DWX - Do I really want to switch platforms for my competition gun?

#2) Stribog SP9A1 - Do I really need another PCC in my collection?

Top Bottom