• ...and so much more!
  • Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    That is good stuff right there!

What I saw is a group of people that will no longer be susceptible to the BS from the anti-gun people.

I love introducing new people to shooting even if they don't take it up as a hobby.

Knowledge is power that dispels fear and experience is the best provider of knowledge.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Judging by their form and success, especially with an AR-15 on full semi-automatic, it sounds like we need to make the whole lot of them officers in the army. Certainly they would be more effective than Lieutenant General Mark Hertling ever was.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I remember when my wife first shot the AR. She looked over at me and had a big smile on her face and stated that she really liked it. She still tells people how much fun they are to shoot.

It's funny how the media makes it such a scary, intimidating weapon when it's really the opposite.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I remember when my wife first shot the AR. She looked over at me and had a big smile on her face and stated that she really liked it. She still tells people how much fun they are to shoot.

It's funny how the media makes it such a scary, intimidating weapon when it's really the opposite.

I know.
    That idiot who said he got PTSD may have convinced some, but after people shoot it, they find out the truth.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    A co-workers 17 year old daughter wants to join the Marines. They are not a "gun family". He bought her a CZ 457 to start practicing with. She was intimidated by the AR reputation and afraid of shooting the rifle for the first time during Boot Camp, so I offered to let them come out to the range and I would give her a a little introduction to the semi-auto version at least, basic operation and field stripping.

Yeah, I'm leaving lots of details out so I can get to the point...

HUGE smile. She ended up shooting with irons and a 7x scope. She spent the rest of the day banging a 3 inch steel target at 100 yards. I think she was pretty much done with the CZ from there on out.

Dad liked the ARs too, but thought they were a little loud and he took the 22 back down to the 50yd range.

Funny part of the story. When I started her out I only put ten rounds in the magazine. For the rest of the day she followed suit and only put ten rounds in the mag each time she reloaded. I can only imagine the smile she's going to have when she figures out that she can actually put 30 in there! :ar15:

bos-94-003

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Marion
    Interesting video but should of gave them a sbr with a regular stock than the pistol brace unless that brace had a full shoulder pad. Feel like they would of found it even more comfortable

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A co-workers 17 year old daughter wants to join the Marines. They are not a "gun family". He bought her a CZ 457 to start practicing with. She was intimidated by the AR reputation and afraid of shooting the rifle for the first time during Boot Camp, so I offered to let them come out to the range and I would give her a a little introduction to the semi-auto version at least, basic operation and field stripping.

Yeah, I'm leaving lots of details out so I can get to the point...

HUGE smile. She ended up shooting with irons and a 7x scope. She spent the rest of the day banging a 3 inch steel target at 100 yards. I think she was pretty much done with the CZ from there on out.

Dad liked the ARs too, but thought they were a little loud and he took the 22 back down to the 50yd range.

Funny part of the story. When I started her out I only put ten rounds in the magazine. For the rest of the day she followed suit and only put ten rounds in the mag each time she reloaded. I can only imagine the smile she's going to have when she figures out that she can actually put 30 in there! :ar15:

I did this very same thing with the sisters stepdaughter. She was army bound. I spent a few days with her and the AR. When she hit boot she was the only female to pas muster with zero issues on the platform. Every time we talk she wants some range time with my rifles.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    yup. open mind leads to wisdom.

My wife actually didn't like shooting an AR the first time but that was because it was at a smallish concrete indoor range. It wasn't even that much fun for me to be honest. However, the first time shooting it at an outdoor range she found the big grin we know and love of a new shooter seeing the light.

Top Bottom