• Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm sure it will be for a limited time.
    I received a mailing today offering $600 Life memberships, and they gave me 6 spots to fill with "family and friends".
    As it turns out, most everyone in my family already have Life memberships.
    I hate to waste an opportunity, so if anyone here would like a Life membership, I can sign you up, or just call membership inquiries at 1-877-672-2000

Get them while they last.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    Disregarding the current politics surrounding the NRA, I took Mgderf up on his offer last fall. I was able to simply call the membership line and tell them I was interested in the $600 membership drive currently underway. I didn't have to provide any referral information and was even able to sign up with the easy pay option... $25/quarter for how ever many years.

--Rick

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm sure it will be for a limited time.
    I received a mailing today offering $600 Life memberships, and they gave me 6 spots to fill with "family and friends".
    As it turns out, most everyone in my family already have Life memberships.
    I hate to waste an opportunity, so if anyone here would like a Life membership, I can sign you up, or just call membership inquiries at 1-877-672-2000

Get them while they last.
    My wife and I got the "upgrade to next level for $400" letters today with our 2020 membership cards today. I think I'll hold off and support NRA-ILA. No membership money can go to NRA-ILA, plus the 2020 election will make the Kavanaugh hearing look like a church social.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    My wife and I got the "upgrade to next level for $400" letters today with our 2020 membership cards today. I think I'll hold off and support NRA-ILA. No membership money can go to NRA-ILA, plus the 2020 election will make the Kavanaugh hearing look like a church social.

That's a valid point that I will not argue against.
    I also support the NRA-ILA (National Rifle Association-Institute for Legislative Action) and the NRA-PVF (National Rifle Association- Political Victory Fund).
    They all have their place...

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana

My wife & I got ours also today in the mail - we threw them away. I have been a long time NRA supporter and have constantly argued for them on this forum. I'm taking a wait & see approach. Besides the controversy with Lapierre, I also am upset about how quiet the NRA has been on the Democrat candidates comments on gun confiscation. It's like the only thing the NRA does anymore is ask it's members for more money. They should be coming out swinging against Beto, Booker, etc. W.P. needs to go before I give them anymore of my hard earned $.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    My wife & I got ours also today in the mail - we threw them away. I have been a long time NRA supporter and have constantly argued for them on this forum. I'm taking a wait & see approach. Besides the controversy with Lapierre, I also am upset about how quiet the NRA has been on the Democrat candidates comments on gun confiscation. It's like the only thing the NRA does anymore is ask it's members for more money. They should be coming out swinging against Beto, Booker, etc. W.P. needs to go before I give them anymore of my hard earned $.

They aren't quiet on it. And when GAO shows up at the Statehouse I'll consider sending them my hard earned money.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    i see frequent things on FB from the NRA on the dem comments.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    They aren't quiet on it. And when GAO shows up at the Statehouse I'll consider sending them my hard earned money.

I get this sentiment however, I'm sure they need to funds to start getting active at the state level all over. They have been in some states. I personally would still rather give my money to them before the NRA.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Boys and girls, nothing is perfect. We are in a fight for our constitutional country, our constitutional speech rights, our constitutional right to bear arms. This worrying about perfect messengers and who might have wasted money is futile and counterproductive. The NRA is the ONLY gun rights organization that has media heft for the upcoming battles. You can help boost better people to run it, more responsive officers and directors after we win this coming battle. We must unite and use the tools we have, not sit on our wallets and pine for tools we do not have.

GIVE MONEY AND SUPPORT THOSE SUPPORTING OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS!!!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm hoping the NRA gets the message of discontent among the membership.

That said, it would be foolish to go into 2020 thinking that any other organization could fill the bill of our only real gun lobbying organization. :twocents:

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Interesting, just opened my renewal and it has a lifetime upgrade for $750, not the $600 quoted above.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I read somewhere that after the Beto pronouncement on rounding up guns, the money flowed heavily into the NRA.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I will not even consider giving the NRA a dime of my money until Wayne is out.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I understand why, but who will be on the front lines through out the upcoming elections to defend the 2nd?

I don't see the NRA doing squat right now. They got rid of all their "voices" who truly fought the good fight: Cox, Noir, Loesch, Edwards. Trust me, I have not been an NRA basher in the past (my former posts have defended the NRA), but I am not happy with them and right now I feel my money is better spent on stockpiling as much guns and ammo as I can afford to.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't see the NRA doing squat right now. They got rid of all their "voices" who truly fought the good fight: Cox, Noir, Loesch, Edwards. Trust me, I have not been an NRA basher in the past (my former posts have defended the NRA), but I am not happy with them and right now I feel my money is better spent on stockpiling as much guns and ammo as I can afford to.
    Like it or not, while Trump is in office Wayne is the voice. Trump has made comments a couple times that he talked to Wayne about stuff. As I recall there was one of those press gatherings outside and he basically said they weren't going to do something because Wayne said they couldn't support it.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Donating to the nra is donating to a name and a myth. Politicians love them because they use their name to incite fear, or use the orange envelopes to drive votes. They literally do nothing overly pro 2a. Their focus is on funneling money upwards and keeping gun owners pacified while nra endorsed gun control measures go into effect.

They actively seek to stop constitutional carry in states that require an nra course to get an ltch.

Wayne has a salary that could fund his wardrobe, instead of takes 20+ life memberships to keep him dressed, and another 10 for his wife. Annually

Anyone who questions him is iced out of all board activities.

A self admitted pedophile guitar player is toted around as a hero and mascot. WLP would rather push people that question him out than remove pedophiles from the board.

There isn't one reason to give the nra a single penny when the groups actually fighting in the courts are out there. GOA is a much better investment Ethically, morally, and effectively superior in all ways to the nra in its current state.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Like it or not, while Trump is in office Wayne is the voice. Trump has made comments a couple times that he talked to Wayne about stuff. As I recall there was one of those press gatherings outside and he basically said they weren't going to do something because Wayne said they couldn't support it.

Like bumpstocks, and taking guns first and due process second...

Top Bottom