• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccha8778

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2019
    The Region
    I'm curious what everyone's favorite bedside firearm and accessories are... I have a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm with a TLR-4 light with green laser.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I have 12 gauge at arms length and also whatever I’ve carrying that day. Lately has been a cz 75. No accessories or extras needed

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Usually one of my EDC guns is available for quick access, which are a G43 or G19. I also have an Olight M20 handheld flashlight. I prefer the handheld light to a weapon mounted light because I don't want to sweep the gun on one of my kids or my wife if investigating a noise.

If I was more sure it was a home intrusion, I have a Tavor handy, as well. For a rifle, it is ideal for tight quarters, and brings precision to the situation. It has a Trijicon MRO and a TLR-1 HL light on it. Most of the year it is in 9mm configuration, but for a few winter months it goes back to .556. I've shot this gun more than any other and I'm VERY comfortable with it, so it would be what I'd prefer in a fight, really. But, like I said, if in investigation mode, I prefer the EDC and handheld light.

Because I have young kids, whichever HD weapon it is is secured, but in a manner easy for quick access.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    On the night stand is a Sig P226 mk25 with mounted light. Surefire flashlight next to it. Extra mags in the drawer. About 6 feet away I have an old wood and glass gun cabinet with extra guns including a Rem 870 with 00 buck and some ARs. Lots of loaded mags.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Same off-duty gun I carry also sits on my dresser at night 6ft from my bed (G19). If I think I need my gun at night, I want to stand up and make a conscious effort to grab it, forcing me to wake up. I've been known to hit my snooze button in the morning without realizing it and I don't want that same fog in my head when I go for a deadly weapon.

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Usually just a Mossberg 500 with some “00”. EDC is always quickly acceptable too. Stream light handheld light.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    My walther pps m2 le on the nightstand and Mossberg Shockwave with 00 buck close by

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    In the nightstand is my Sig P220R wearing a set of trijicon night sights and a SureFire x300. If the mighty 45 doesn’t fix the problem, there is a 12 ga. full of #4 buck at the ready. And my phone is on the nightstand on the charger. If I’m grabbing the Sig, the wife is on the phone with 911.... Something to think about for all those that leave their phone elsewhere in the house to charge at night.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In the nightstand is my Sig P220R wearing a set of trijicon night sights and a SureFire x300. If the mighty 45 doesn’t fix the problem, there is a 12 ga. full of #4 buck at the ready. And my phone is on the nightstand on the charger. If I’m grabbing the Sig, the wife is on the phone with 911.... Something to think about for all those that leave their phone elsewhere in the house to charge at night.

This is pretty close to our process save the Sig.
    There are 2 full house 1911's 1 on each dresser within reach and the spouse has a CZ (also full house) shadow and the cell phone.
    If the 1911's are not the answer there might be an AR in pistol pretty close.

The night sites on all of them are like beacons.

Top Bottom