Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Info Menu

Mental illness is so common among gun owners but mostly it is harmless--autism and psds displayed here on INGO.

The trick is to separate it from enjoying civil rights and treat it as the public health crisis that it is again.
    School of the Sword of No Sword

User Info Menu

Think of the possibilities if our Federal Government diverted the money spent on, oh let's say housing, food, and medical services for illegal emigrants to programs focused on US citizens with mental health issues.
    "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indyjohn View Post
    Think of the possibilities if our Federal Government diverted the money spent on, oh let's say housing, food, and medical services for illegal emigrants to programs focused on US citizens with mental health issues.
    What a concept but that expenditure does not build a block of voters.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indyjohn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    What a concept but that expenditure does not build a block of voters.
    If I'm not mistaken, that is precisely why governments got out of the mental hospital game. After abuses on all levels were revealed, the cost to fix it was salty. So they bailed.
    "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by happygunner View Post
    We are still not in the top 10 in the world for suicide. Japan is and there are hardly guns there.
    And a lot of those are to due to their work. The Japanese are lauded for their strong work ethic. But too much is too much and it will take a toll. Our Japanese expats I work with don't want to go back to Japan after they spend a few years working here.
    Outlier

User Info Menu

Mental health is getting worse.

Kids are being damaged in thw womb by drug use, and many are being damaged by crappy environment once they pop out.

Add the current shallow social media junk, the pseudo living.......trophies for 10th place....

And you have a culture that doesnt demand people get their act together. And when they realize theyve fallen for the BS, its often too much to handle.

Dont blame rhe Repubs for not fixing the system.
    Even if we had a good system itd be overrun by the massive wave of progressive failures and legit damaged before birth types.

Drugs are a biggie....before or after birth.

Dunno if mentals drawn to it or the substances change hardbwiring

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    My heart sinks to new lows when these things happen.
    That this woman was not realized as being in serious need and let go is to me just wrong. I did not read the article but can only wonder what her "X" is about and WTAF he was.
    So far all the stories I've read have her friends and family, and the husband and his family saying "I had no idea she would every hurt her kids", so I don't see that the guy on the other end of the divorce papers would, who was probably advised by his lawyer to be careful with his contacts, would be the guy to dump on.

She filed for divorce two years ago (twice actually), and got an unpleasant surprise when the judge told her that if she could not move the children out of town, and if she stayed in the family home she would have to pay rent to her ex-husband. Frankly I am surprised by that, husbands/fathers usually seem to get thoroughly reamed in these things, so I wonder if it indicates some issues on her part. But not enough issues to place the kids with him, apparently.

It doesn't appear that her anti-gun activism was sufficiently worthy to be mentioned in the MSM reports I've read, just the Washington Examiner and some blog/aggregator type sites.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Almost 40 years ago I worked with a young lady who had recently married.
    Her and her husband were "good people", and fun to hang out with.
    Several of us that worked together would go to the bar together after work on Fridays and unwind.

Seemingly normal people.
    I quit that job and moved on.
    Years later I ran into her and found out she had 3 kids, all boys, and said "life was good".

About 2 years after I ran into her last, I read a tragic story in the local newspaper.
    This seemingly normal woman drugged her 3 young boys, then threw them off the top of a parking garage here in town, then jumped herself.
    None survived, and I still wonder to this day, what the hell was wrong with her...
    Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

User Info Menu

Is it a mental health, or spiritual health problem?
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DadSmith View Post
    Is it a mental health, or spiritual health problem?
    I would argue both.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2