Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Anti-Gun Activist Murders 3 Children & Kills Herself

My apologies if this has been posted already: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...murder-suicide

After her divorce was finalized, and she had long fights with physical ailments, depression, and anxiety, Ashley Auzenne murdered her three children aged 11, 9, and 7 before turning the gun on herself.

While it would be tempting to talk about how anti-gun activists have committed more mass shootings than the NRA, can we as a country instead of continuing to try to strip rights from the law abiding, now start to look at the role mental health plays in the decision in these shootings?

User Info Menu

Certainly a sad tragedy, particularly for the children. When anti gun groups compile statistics for support of gun control laws they include instances like this. lt makes me wonder when you break down the statistics what the numbers really are.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

One of the things we can thank our legislators for, mostly Republican, whether we want to admit it or not, is closing our state mental hospitals, and dismantling our welfare system.
    In the late twenty oughts we were at a point where it we had produced the political will, we could have both reformed the social welfare system and the mental health system. To me what that would have looked like included the time limits on certain kinds of aid that were implemented, but it would also have included a more stringent entry portal and back to work requirements. I think one area where we really mess up is completely cutting off a person's eligibility to receive certain benefits if they obtain even part time work, instead of a gradual scaling back as their earned income increases. If you're tempted to call me a nanny statist at this point, go ahead. But I know of more than one person who simply elected NOT to work because the numbers worked against them if they did. That's dumb on our part if we really want to thin the roles and get them back into the workforce.
    Mental health care is a whole different ball of wax. We needed to make the entry portals EASIER to navigate, and figure out a way for working poor to be able to get counselling without having to make dire budgetary sacrifice. We also need to admit to ourselves that some of us will never be able to live out in society, and we need safe, affordable places to house them.
    While I'm the last one that wants to incentivize nonproductivity, we all know there are people among us who just plain need help.
    Until and unless we make welfare reform and mental health care priorities, we all will continue to pay way more than we need to to house the most mentally ill in prisons, we'll continue to see mass murders occur, whether firearms are involved or not, and we'll continue not fulfilling our promise as the best political and economic system.
    Bottom line, what we're doing, and not doing costs way more than just doing it right, and we look like dicks.
    Beto is one of "Those" people that you hope to one day be able to throat punch.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OakRiver View Post
    My apologies if this has been posted already: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...murder-suicide

After her divorce was finalized, and she had long fights with physical ailments, depression, and anxiety, Ashley Auzenne murdered her three children aged 11, 9, and 7 before turning the gun on herself.

While it would be tempting to talk about how anti-gun activists have committed more mass shootings than the NRA, can we as a country instead of continuing to try to strip rights from the law abiding, now start to look at the role mental health plays in the decision in these shootings?
    No.

That's too hard and doesn't fit the agenda.
    A knife is never really yours until it drinks your blood.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    Certainly a sad tragedy, particularly for the children. When anti gun groups compile statistics for support of gun control laws they include instances like this. lt makes me wonder when you break down the statistics what the numbers really are.
    Last I heard, suicides accounted for more than half of "gun deaths".

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

My heart sinks to new lows when these things happen.
    That this woman was not realized as being in serious need and let go is to me just wrong. I did not read the article but can only wonder what her "X" is about and WTAF he was.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Our suicide rate is 15 per 100k. Russia has 2x more at 30 per 100k. Why are they so much higher than ours? Two times the suicides we have now can you imagine what the media would be doing here?
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

User Info Menu

We are still not in the top 10 in the world for suicide. Japan is and there are hardly guns there.

User Info Menu

Classic case of projection.

Heartbreaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Yeah, I saw this headline yesterday or so. Sad. Part of me is tempted to come up with some pithy one-liner about this or blame it on something (or someone) but it's too sad. Sometimes people do evil things. It's just the state of our fallen world.

INGOer #18,319

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast