Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

Dropped Live Ammo Can Detonate

SAFETY WARNING: This is an INGO safety warning. All members should be ready to attack Kirk Freeman for bringing such knowledge to the table.

Live ammunition can detonate. While the probability is tiny, it is a quirk that can happen. Be advised.

Dropped box detonation caught on camera.

(Scroll down for video)

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...to-detonation/
    The basics applied lead to expertise

User Info Menu

Does that count as an ND?
    WTS/WTT 9mm and 308 win reload dies.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

And, in the spirit of safety warnings, a .22lr round will detonate if you use it to replace a fuse in your car. Everybody's heard a similar story, I took an injured person report from exactly that. It was originally broadcast as a man shot. Small piece of brass stuck in the genius's shin.
    If your crystal meth dealer has all his teeth, he's a cop!

User Info Menu

Another reason to not like .40 S&W.

Consider yourself appropriately chastised, Kirk.
    Parkerizing lollipops since 1973.

User Info Menu

Good thing it wasn't .45 or everyone in the store would've had their souls trapped in a horcrux.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

Expert

User Info Menu

Dang it! Now that this has gone viral, the manufacturer's lawyers will have them stop offering economy priced bulk boxes of loose ammo

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    Good thing it wasn't .45 or everyone in the store would've had their souls trapped in a horcrux.
    Thanks T.Lex, I had to google 'horcrux'. I have been enlightened!

Expert

User Info Menu

The case reads 'Federal' but that box looks like WWB... Now I'm confused... Dang .40!

User Info Menu

Kind of makes you wonder what would happen if one of those thousand round cases was to be dropped, say, a story or two. Seems to me like as much as these get thrown around during shipping we would hear a lot more about it happening so I would call the chance of this happening infinitesimally small.
    Endowment Member, National Rifle Association; Member, Gun Owners of America; Member, Second Amendment Foundation; Member, Marion County Fish and Game Association; Member, Revere's Riders; Rifleman, Project Appleseed; Private Pilot, Airplane, Single-Engine Land

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitsandGravy View Post
    The case reads 'Federal' but that box looks like WWB... Now I'm confused... Dang .40!
    Sounds like it was just a handful of mixed rounds in a leftover box. From the article: "the customer had several loose rounds of ammo inside the factory ammo box, however, it was not a new factory box and there was no plastic sleeve inside the box."

I've always wondered if something like this could start a chain reaction of sorts, and set off other rounds in the same box. Apparently not.

I want a government really, really small. So small you can barely see it. Rand Paul

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast