• ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    In the video they said Homeland Security intercepted the switch and then let it be delivered and then Presto: busted!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    but why doesnt chicago pass a law making them illegal...

that works!!! passing a law makes crime stop right?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    In the video they said Homeland Security intercepted the switch and then let it be delivered and then Presto: busted!

And if its not illegal just undeclared, customs just steals it.

I had that happen a couple months ago. Bought some BUIS from a seller on ebay. He didnt declare them correctly and they never cleared customs. They had to send them again and luckily they missed the second set. (missed the first set too, but when I tried to buy a second, they snagged those)

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Wouldn't the switch be legal to posses if you didn't have a Glock they fit into? Much like a full auto AR15 bolt carrier or an HK trigger pack?

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Wouldn't the switch be legal to posses if you didn't have a Glock they fit into? Much like a full auto AR15 bolt carrier or an HK trigger pack?

I am not an attorney, and this is NOT legal advise. It is just what I read while staying in the holiday inn last night. Not the same. Neither of those parts just “drop in” to the weapon to make it full auto. Just like it is illegal to manufacture OR transfer an unregistered AR15 “drop in” auto sear. IF you own one that was manufactured before the ban, it is not illegal to own IF you do not have access to an AR15.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I don't really want a fully automatic GLOCK, but not being able to readily have one is in infringement, IMO.

They are actually pretty fun to shoot and it's definitely an massive infringement that we can't have them.

Unfortunately, we are stuck with bull**** circular rulings, with the Supreme Court saying you can't ban common, in use firearms, and then lower courts ruling that machineguns don't count as common and in use.... because they've been heavily restricted since 1934 and then banned in 1986. It's complete crap, but that's the fascist government flunkies we are dealing with.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Wasn't there a rumor that one of the sites selling those "airsoft sears" was an ATF sting?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    They are actually pretty fun to shoot and it's definitely an massive infringement that we can't have them.

Unfortunately, we are stuck with bull**** circular rulings, with the Supreme Court saying you can't ban common, in use firearms, and then lower courts ruling that machineguns don't count as common and in use.... because they've been heavily restricted since 1934 and then banned in 1986. It's complete crap, but that's the fascist government flunkies we are dealing with.
    Any day now they will recognize ARs and AKs as common firearms :whistle:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I am not an attorney, and this is NOT legal advise. It is just what I read while staying in the holiday inn last night. Not the same. Neither of those parts just “drop in” to the weapon to make it full auto. Just like it is illegal to manufacture OR transfer an unregistered AR15 “drop in” auto sear. IF you own one that was manufactured before the ban, it is not illegal to own IF you do not have access to an AR15.

But who doesnt own at least one Glock? :dunno:

Agreed. That G18 at the spring shoot was a hoot to fire. Not really practical, but fun.

And yes, those circular rulings are ridiculous. You cant ban guns because they are in common use, but its OK to not have FA's.

Wait, they arent in common use, why? Because they were banned. But nobody in SCOTUS is willing to reach THAT far back (as far as 1934) to solve the problem.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    But who doesnt own at least one Glock? :dunno:

Agreed. That G18 at the spring shoot was a hoot to fire. Not really practical, but fun.

Before my time, our SWAT team was issued Glock 18s as their sidearms/entry weapons. I've been told numerous times they were about as impractical as could be. I was lucky enough to be issued (only for a couple years before we got rid of them) one of the replacement firearms, the MP5.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Before my time, our SWAT team was issued Glock 18s as their sidearms/entry weapons. I've been told numerous times they were about as impractical as could be. I was lucky enough to be issued (only for a couple years before we got rid of them) one of the replacement firearms, the MP5.

Yeah, the 18 was insanely difficult to keep on target. 3 round bursts were about as good as I could get and still keep it on target.

Top Bottom