Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Went to the show not to busy easy to walk around. Bought a few things had a nice time. One thing I did not like was the traffic man it sucked. Not a bad day to walk from the stables to the building.

User Info Menu

Between the $8 parking, $12 Admission fee, and 100 mile round trip, it is not worth attending anymore. Overall, it was a very disappointing show. One of the things I miss is the INGO booth. Was nice to talk to KellyinAvon at the NRA booth.

The 1500 has turned into the land of $370 Hi-Point Carbines and overpriced Taurus handguns. Saw a few things I was interested in, but pricing was too high.
    I am a Citizen, not a subject....

Before he was the Man in Black, he was the Airman in Air Force Blue.

Marksman

User Info Menu

About the only time I go is in the winter and to get certain reloading supplies. There are much better deals elsewhere. One is probably better just making a large loop and hitting all the different gun shops throughout the areas. Make a day of that with a friend.

Although the sub MOA Mosin with a Draco stock a dealer was trying to sell a guy was hard to pass up at one 1500! LOL

User Info Menu

Took the gf with me on sat. We tried to sell a couple guns but had no luck. Both had a good time tho.
    WTS/WTT 9mm and 308 win reload dies.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetaljesus View Post
    Took the gf with me on sat. We tried to sell a couple guns but had no luck. Both had a good time tho.
    Did you have the Mossberg and AK22?

User Info Menu

I enjoy the conversations more than anything else. Ive been going to the 1500 since it started when i was a boy.
    Theres nothing like it and for me its more of a tradition and memories than getting good deals. Ive gotten many good deals there over the years and bought lots of useless stuff. But I've mostly enjoyed every visit.
    I dont even stop at any of the big ffl tables. If im buying a new gun Ill give the business to a local shop. If im buying used ill most likely look for individuals or ingo because it is where the best deals are.
    But seriously the admission cost is getting too high
    Ask not what your country can do for you, Ask what you can do for your country. - President John F. Kennedy

User Info Menu

I wouldn't go if it were free to get in. Just go to your LGS and find better prices.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson

User Info Menu

Let me count the ways, too far to drive, too much traffic, too much to park, too much to get in the show. I used to work for PSS at the show and when Bob stopped attending I haven't been back. When I would get the opportunity to walk around before the show it became more disappointing with every show. As TT said I did enjoy talking with people I had known for years but they thinned out so much that it just wasn't enjoyable anymore.

NRA Life Member / Basic Pistol instructor / RSO

"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard"
    Unnamed Navy Seal

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

Aron Bright
    What you regret most are the things not said and chances not taken

User Info Menu

Bought a 3 day pass a couple of years ago.
    I hadn't been since the 90s.
    I used to go a buy a few silver dollar coins, possible a new gun or used, and perhaps trade something.
    Used to have a blast. A friend who hunted alot would go with me to buy/sell.
    Bought a Colt Mustang with 4 or 5 mags while standing in line once ($275 if I remember).

But, I was shocked at what I saw when I went a couple of years ago.
    "Best" deal I found for a .22LR revolver I was hunting for was a beat up Taurus for around $300, on a Friday right after the school day was done.
    I got on INGO that evening and gave away the pass for Sat. & Sun.
    I left it in my mailbox for someone to pick up b/c I was gone doing something else.

A friend of mine I met here (and used as a plumber at my home), is working a table this weekend with one of his long-time gun buddies, and I could have maybe gotten free entrance, but I didn't even ask.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by doddg View Post
    Bought a 3 day pass a couple of years ago.
    I hadn't been since the 90s.
    I used to go a buy a few silver dollar coins, possible a new gun or used, and perhaps trade something.
    Used to have a blast. A friend who hunted alot would go with me to buy/sell.
    Bought a Colt Mustang with 4 or 5 mags while standing in line once ($275 if I remember).

But, I was shocked at what I saw when I went a couple of years ago.
    "Best" deal I found for a .22LR revolver I was hunting for was a beat up Taurus for around $300, on a Friday right after the school day was done.
    I got on INGO that evening and gave away the pass for Sat. & Sun.
    I left it in my mailbox for someone to pick up b/c I was gone doing something else.

A friend of mine I met here (and used as a plumber at my home), is working a table this weekend with one of his long-time gun buddies, and I could have maybe gotten free entrance, but I didn't even ask.
    That was me. Thanks again. I'm pretty sure I did pick up a couple of odds and ends that time. But I also haven't been in at least two years.

Well the sheriff couldn't catch me now, but his little girl? Sure wish she would.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast