Indy 1500 Gunshow why you are or are not going.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I thought an interesting thread might be why or why not you are going to the gun show at the fairgrounds this weekend. I have sat it out For a dozen or so years but think I'll go to check out anything in the Steel and wood department. What y'all think?

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Parking and admission costs are too high, that's mainly why I rarely attend this show. I still go once in a while, but I just don't get excited about it. Lots of non-gun related flea market junk too. 20+ years ago when there were multiple stocking NFA dealers at the show and no flea market junk, it was one of the best shows around and I always looked forward to it - bought lots of stuff too. Nowadays I find just as much good stuff at the small shows and without the high cost of parking and admission that the 1500 charges.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I'm going just because it's the biggest one of the year and a buddy wants to go. Otherwise the overpriced 8 dollar parking fee and entry puts you at $20 bucks to see mostly overpriced stuff. There are a few good vendors but they seem to get fewer and fewer. Also be sure to hide everything in your vehicle.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Not going.

I hate crowds
    I don't enjoy gun shows
    I abhor security theater
    I have no discretionary funds

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I like the November show and enjoy the 1500 in general. However, I am not looking to buy or sell much of anything right now and sciatica is keeping me from getting around much anyway.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Nothing I need, and I'm not paying $8 to park, then another what, $12? $15? just to get in? So ~$20 just to be there and nothing yet to show for it. No thanks.

Once in the heat of the panic when they had it in the South Pavilion, I actually ate the $5 parking and walked away without getting in. I got there around 4 on Friday when I expected there to be less people. I walked up to the line, which the end was by the west Pavillion almost to the main entrance. I stood there for 5-10 minutes barely moving. When I got maybe 10', and realized the entrance was clear around on the east side of the building, I said screw it. I wasnt waiting at least 45 minutes, then paying to get in and then be packed in like a sardine with many guys who havent even considered a bath in a week. No thanks.

EDIT: Apparently they were at capacity and doing the FIFO thing. Nobody got in until somebody left. So the line was slooooow.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Not going.

Nothing at that show that I can't get at a local gun shop, or with a few clicks online.

Except maybe the pungent aroma of unwashed ass wafting gently along rows of overpriced fudge, Nazi memorabilia and MAGA T-shirts.

:):

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Had i specific bidness to attend to, I would go. I prefer to avoid crowds for any reason.

Oh, I got bidness. The gun bidness.*

1bdc1fdd1e188e508501362162952d8e.jpeg

*Note to all federal prosecutors, not really business, just selling and trading to enhance my own collection. Nothing to get all indictmenty about.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I like being on the side of the table that I will be on tomorrow and Saturday. I don’t sell anything, just ask CM about the INGO booth days

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    Still up in the air if I'm attending. The cost of parking and entry fee is flat out crazy and a huge turn off. With the upcoming move to Arizona part of me want s to see it before I leave forever and another part of me say I need to save money. It doesn't help that I bought four pistols in the past month so all of my mad money is used up. The flea market garbage is also a huge waste of space and I'm more interested in historic "Old West" guns than new stuff.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Like others, I see no reason to spend 20 just to enter the door and then find higher than retail prices for stuff I dont really need. It would be nice to coon finger a few things but its just not worth it.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm trying to go. I always enjoy attending and just looking around if nothing else; I never know what I may find. I've seen the quality of the booths decline over the last years, but I guess since you can buy decent entry level AR's for under $400 out there, the contents of the booths have also gotten cheaper and there is too much flea market crap like candy, jewelry and other misc. things, but I still think seeing the gun and knife items is worth it.

:twocents:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Cost too much to get in.
    I hate people especially during sick season.
    People stink and like to crop dust.
    Everything is overpriced.
    Nothing I couldnt order via my phone and have on my door step.
    Too far to drive.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ryandeleeuw340
    Top Bottom