Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Indy 1500 Gunshow why you are or are not going.

I thought an interesting thread might be why or why not you are going to the gun show at the fairgrounds this weekend. I have sat it out For a dozen or so years but think I'll go to check out anything in the Steel and wood department. What y'all think?
    "See you on the Range"

User Info Menu

Parking and admission costs are too high, that's mainly why I rarely attend this show. I still go once in a while, but I just don't get excited about it. Lots of non-gun related flea market junk too. 20+ years ago when there were multiple stocking NFA dealers at the show and no flea market junk, it was one of the best shows around and I always looked forward to it - bought lots of stuff too. Nowadays I find just as much good stuff at the small shows and without the high cost of parking and admission that the 1500 charges.
    "2016: The year that hackers became more trusted than government or reporters."

User Info Menu

I'm going just because it's the biggest one of the year and a buddy wants to go. Otherwise the overpriced 8 dollar parking fee and entry puts you at $20 bucks to see mostly overpriced stuff. There are a few good vendors but they seem to get fewer and fewer. Also be sure to hide everything in your vehicle.

User Info Menu

I have bidness to conduct so I will be there to conduct said bidness. Also want to yell . . . talk to the SIG rep at SIG Daze in the Ripple.
    The basics applied lead to expertise

User Info Menu

Had i specific bidness to attend to, I would go. I prefer to avoid crowds for any reason.
    Rifleman
    NRA Endowment Member
    NRA Certified Instructor
    USPSA NROI

Adaptive Consulting & Training
    Riley Conservation Club

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To Prevail...you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Not going.

I hate crowds
    I don't enjoy gun shows
    I abhor security theater
    I have no discretionary funds

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

I like the November show and enjoy the 1500 in general. However, I am not looking to buy or sell much of anything right now and sciatica is keeping me from getting around much anyway.
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

User Info Menu

Nothing I need, and I'm not paying $8 to park, then another what, $12? $15? just to get in? So ~$20 just to be there and nothing yet to show for it. No thanks.

Once in the heat of the panic when they had it in the South Pavilion, I actually ate the $5 parking and walked away without getting in. I got there around 4 on Friday when I expected there to be less people. I walked up to the line, which the end was by the west Pavillion almost to the main entrance. I stood there for 5-10 minutes barely moving. When I got maybe 10', and realized the entrance was clear around on the east side of the building, I said screw it. I wasnt waiting at least 45 minutes, then paying to get in and then be packed in like a sardine with many guys who havent even considered a bath in a week. No thanks.

EDIT: Apparently they were at capacity and doing the FIFO thing. Nobody got in until somebody left. So the line was slooooow.
    Last edited by Cameramonkey; 1 Week Ago at 14:35.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Won't be going due to spending time bowhunting. I've waited 51 weeks for this weekend.

User Info Menu

Not going.

Nothing at that show that I can't get at a local gun shop, or with a few clicks online.

Except maybe the pungent aroma of unwashed ass wafting gently along rows of overpriced fudge, Nazi memorabilia and MAGA T-shirts.

My guns won't be illegal....they'll be undocumented.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast