• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Ft. Liberty gun store in Avon was burglarized without loss due to their policy of locking up all the guns every night. The burglars left empty handed (well they smashed a case and stole unidentified minor items but no guns).
    I appreciate Ft. Liberty for taking the extra security steps that greatly inconvenience them every day in order to deny thieves access to guns.
    I would love to have heard the conversation in the car ride home after finding no guns in the display cases.

https://fox59.com/2019/11/07/avon-police-searching-for-trio-of-crooks-who-broke-into-a-gun-store/

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ft. Liberty gun store in Avon was burglarized without loss due to their policy of locking up all the guns every night. The burglars left empty handed (well they smashed a case and stole unidentified minor items but no guns).
    I appreciate Ft. Liberty for taking the extra security steps that greatly inconvenience them every day in order to deny thieves access to guns.
    I would love to have heard the conversation in the car ride home after finding no guns in the display cases.

https://fox59.com/2019/11/07/avon-police-searching-for-trio-of-crooks-who-broke-into-a-gun-store/

Scooped me on the story KMaC.

Full disclosure: that is my LGS. Second, a big **** YOU, WOULD BE GUN THIEVES!!! :rockwoot: Finally, Fort Liberty had a car driven through the door many years ago (prior to Doug et al taking over.) I think all guns were recovered except one and it was a muzzle loader.

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Glad to hear no guns were lost. Been in the store a few times and always had a good experience. Hoping to hear that the thieves get caught soon. Wish there was pictures and/descriptions of the thieves.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I support their business. I'm glad to hear they're up on their game. It's extra work opening and closing, an unfair consequence of the rash of nighttime gun store robberies. The extra vigilance paid off in spades.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I support their business. I'm glad to hear they're up on their game. It's extra work opening and closing, an unfair consequence of the rash of nighttime gun store robberies. The extra vigilance paid off in spades.

I think I'll swing by and ask Doug for an autograph. I didn't know they put all the guns in safes until recently. I'm rarely out that late :laugh:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Update: pics released from surveillance video. When I stopped in this morning Doug mentioned one looked into the camera with no mask on. Must've been the brains of the operation.

https://fox59.com/2019/11/07/update...f-2-males-accused-of-breaking-into-gun-store/

untitled.jpg

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Ok, so the Oxygen thieves didn't get any firearms, yea!
    They still damaged the property of a reputable business, low life scumbag thugs they are, that's the reason the rest of us are armed.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

iu

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    They did manage to steal some pretty nice knives. A coworker of mine and INGO member sells/sharpens knives there. Glad the thieves didn't score any guns, but hopefully they get caught soon

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I was in there about 5 days ago. I also left empty handed. Didn’t have a Beretta A300. Didn’t find one at the 1500 either.
    Glad to hear the scumbags didn’t gain much for their effort.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa

I assume that insurance would make them lock their guns up nightly.

Years ago owned a large agency and one of the caveats for coverage was locking up the goods daily.

Good on them anyway around it....they skunked those thieving suckers and I am at least happy about that.

Top Bottom