Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Ken Predicts the Future - Gun Guys Ep. 18

Ken Hackathorn and Bill Wilson...

-----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    Ken Hackathorn and Bill Wilson...

I half to agree with most of this. The Dots are here to stay but need to be perfected for street carry. They are in the flip phone or pager stage right now. Striker fired guns have their compromises with the casual gun owner.
    "Test what you Think You Know"

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

Sort of wondering just how long it's going to take the democrats to figure out that poking the bear just isn't a good idea.
    Beto is one of "Those" people that you hope to one day be able to throat punch.

User Info Menu

Ken was all over the place. Democrats would have won if the NRA backed them. Red dots are the future but there's virtually no positive points to support it. Glock is the future. The new market wants cheap guns. Sig sucks but they were the cheaper bid. People will build a Glock before they build a 6920. 9mm is the future and will remain affordable. I think he could be right, about something.

I'll poke the bear.My smoothest, most accurate shooter is a 1911. Going to war, I'll take the Glock that's always on and sloppy just enough to be reliable. Going to the BBQ or the range, watch out paper.
    Last edited by Sigblitz; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:01.

User Info Menu

Actually in between the lines of Hacks message is first an Italian Corporation and now a German Corporation became the supplier of our American Forces. Sad.

ljk
    Expert

User Info Menu

Well, how about the core leaderships of NRA destroying themselves.
    NoMo new guns, Mo Ammo.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper Jim View Post
    I half to agree with most of this. The Dots are here to stay but need to be perfected for street carry. They are in the flip phone or pager stage right now. Striker fired guns have their compromises with the casual gun owner.
    The RMR type 2 isn't good enough?

I doubt most guns would survive the abuse the RMR can handle, lol. I daily carry one.
    Just change the battery on your birthday every year and you don't need to worry about it.

The rest of the market has a VERY long way to go, though. The RMR is the only sight up to being seriously used.
    "Fiat justitia ruat caelum" - Trey Gowdy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tombs View Post
    The RMR type 2 isn't good enough?

I doubt most guns would survive the abuse the RMR can handle, lol. I daily carry one.
    Just change the battery on your birthday every year and you don't need to worry about it.

The rest of the market has a VERY long way to go, though. The RMR is the only sight up to being seriously used.
    whatever the best dot is now will be outdated in 10 years. More than likely we will see a whole new platform which may include a 70% size reduction in mass material and a different light/power source. Just sayin.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper Jim View Post
    whatever the best dot is now will be outdated in 10 years. More than likely we will see a whole new platform which may include a 70% size reduction in mass material and a different light/power source. Just sayin.
    The main fault of the RMR as it is, is the size of the window being too small.

You don't want to reduce the size, you want to increase it.

The geometry was already sorted out with the owl ears to create a sight of useable size, albeit on the small side, but as strong as materials will allow.
    Battery life may improve, but being that it's already good to go for a year+ between battery swaps, I don't see that mattering much.

This is the exact same debate that happened with the RDS on the rifle initially. The equipment was more than good enough, people in the know ran it, while others scoffed and couldn't understand the benefits. Meanwhile they were giving up a game changing force multiplier that eventually they submitted to defeat on and acknowledged it changed the game for good.

TBH the main problem with handgun RDS isn't the sights themselves, it's the lack of a formalized training program for their usage. They are not something you pick up immediately and improve your shooting with. They require dedicated practice and muscle memory, as well as forgetting a lot of things you know about shooting a handgun, before their benefits begin to show. The amount of people who prefer running BUIS with an RDS demonstrate the need for formalized training, as that creates training scars. If you are finding the dot by using the BUIS, you are throwing away every advantage the RDS gives you in speed, consistency, and accuracy.

To anyone who is getting a RDS for their handgun, leave the BUIS off of it until you are comfortable and confident in your training with the RDS. They will only slow you down. Once you have your muscle memory and shooting perfected with the RDS, then feel free to add them back. Considering the body geometry of the RMR, even if you have a 1 in a billion failure situation, the body of the sight is still more than suitable to use as a rudimentary sight, just practice with it and you will realize this.
    Last edited by Tombs; 3 Weeks Ago at 15:59.
    "Fiat justitia ruat caelum" - Trey Gowdy

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Good information. I would have thought the size on RDS on a handgun would not matter so much.

Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast