• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Even though S.H.O.T. show is a few months away, I've been hearing rumblings of new guns, calibers and some other stuff already. Mostly from Tom Greshams Gun Talk radio show/podcast. He's had some industry people from ammo companies, firearm manufactures and others on the program recenlty. Gun Talk does reviews for their media company and they get new stuff test way before it's released to the public. Of course they are under a Non Disclosure Agreements and can't say what they are but some hinting is done. So here is what to look for from what I've heard so far.

*New rifle calibers. Going off the success of the whole 6.5 Creedmoor, look for new calibers using the same pattern for the long, heavy for caliber bullet with a very high B.C. AND the rifles with the correct fast twist barrels. This came directly from a rep of an ammo company.

*It sounds like S&W is getting into the PCC market. So maybe look for a M&P 9mm AR soon.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Will this be the year that Rob Pincus finally bring the PD-10 to market?

Will this be the year HK decides to play nice with the USA and brings civilian UMPs and MP5s to market?

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Even though S.H.O.T. show is a few months away, I've been hearing rumblings of new guns, calibers and some other stuff already. Mostly from Tom Greshams Gun Talk radio show/podcast. He's had some industry people from ammo companies, firearm manufactures and others on the program recenlty. Gun Talk does reviews for their media company and they get new stuff test way before it's released to the public. Of course they are under a Non Disclosure Agreements and can't say what they are but some hinting is done. So here is what to look for from what I've heard so far.

*New rifle calibers. Going off the success of the whole 6.5 Creedmoor, look for new calibers using the same pattern for the long, heavy for caliber bullet with a very high B.C. AND the rifles with the correct fast twist barrels. This came directly from a rep of an ammo company.

*It sounds like S&W is getting into the PCC market. So maybe look for a M&P 9mm AR soon.

Of course S&W would get into that market after I picked up a different offering earlier this year...

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Will this be the year HK decides to play nice with the USA and brings civilian UMPs and MP5s to market?
    Let's hope so!!!

gAxknNi.jpg

So apparently this is happening in the new year.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Wow. My wish has come true and it is not even 2020 yet? I was underwhelmed with the SP5K that HK released in the US market. Mainly because of the lack of a threaded barrel (like serious WTF HK?). Looks like this new SP5 will have a threaded barrel (from the silhouette images) which is a step in the right direction.

Now I am going to start the rain dance for a UMP.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I was very skeptical about the release of the SP5, but after a lot of reading this morning, it sounds like it will happen. Sounds like we will know for sure within a couple weeks. :rockwoot:

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    22 PRC - A Ruger magnum rifle cartridge, necked down to .22, with very fast twist barrels to stabilize a +105 grain bullet.

Just wait and see. Nobody actually shoots these things, so the 500 round total barrel life is irrelevant. It will be marketed as an ICBM for deer - a totally new concept, never seen before!

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Not sure about the Mp5. maybe I need to watch Navy Seals again and I’ll get all worked up for one. Lol. I would like to see the Lwrc Smg in a 9mm next year. I would Sbr that for sure

Top Bottom