Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GodFearinGunTotin View Post
    I'm not sure if this is good or bad. Personally, I generally find it less than appealing when these companies slap S&W, Colt, or whatever on every semi-gun related item they market.
    They can still do that through licensing. Ownership of S&W doesn't really change that, but by not owning S&W it insulates the rest of AO from lawsuit consequences.
    "2016: The year that hackers became more trusted than government or reporters."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by russc2542 View Post
    The vampiric investment firms are playing hot-potato with gun-related brands. Probably some fear/bet-hedging in case the Dems get enough clout to remove the PLCAA as they are promising. They don't want to be left holding a gun brand should a big enough lawsuit get through and they don't want to drop it too close to the event and still get tied to it.
    ^^^What this guy said^^^
    "2016: The year that hackers became more trusted than government or reporters."

Marksman

User Info Menu

Is this related to AND whatever happened to theissue a couple years ago where the CEO (or likes) at S&W halted all of their instructor and specialty training (only armored stuff remains( and he supposedly referred everyone to a different company which it came out the S&W guy had investment ties to and the stockholders were not happy?

This sort of seemed to go away about as fast as I read it so not sure of the real story.

Anyone familiar?
    Last edited by ECS686; 4 Weeks Ago at 16:02.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    Some accountant was hiding under a rock, they threw him some drugs, a week later they came back and he told them this would make them money.

I believe what the accountant actually said was he would make money even if they didn't...
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

User Info Menu

The less corporate “suits” or layers of them running a firearms company the better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2