• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Sandy Hook lawsuit moving forward. Along with all the bad for business things listed in the article...

"Significant changes in the political climate as well as the economic, investing, and insurance markets since we embarked upon what we believe have been our very successful diversification efforts," Chairman Barry Monheit said in the announcement

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm not sure if this is good or bad. Personally, I generally find it less than appealing when these companies slap S&W, Colt, or whatever on every semi-gun related item they market.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I have not seen good, quality analysis of why this is happening or what it means.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Some accountant was hiding under a rock, they threw him some drugs, a week later they came back and he told them this would make them money.
    It’s actually a smart move on the parent Investment Group to rid their selves of anything gun related in the existing and future climate of the wolves going after industry and the IG. The stranglehold that big business and the left can put on the IG makes it impossible for them to have a great prospectus with the gun baggage in their portfolio. Sad but the camels nose is already in the tent for the industry as we know it. An over saturated market makes it hard for the gun industry in a good climate.

n9tkf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2018
    Just before the earth ends.
    This might be a trend due to the political climate. Savage Arms was sold to an investment group in July. They were once part of Vista Outdoors. Now American Outdoor Brands is getting rid of S&W. This will be interesting to follow.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    The vampiric investment firms are playing hot-potato with gun-related brands. Probably some fear/bet-hedging in case the Dems get enough clout to remove the PLCAA as they are promising. They don't want to be left holding a gun brand should a big enough lawsuit get through and they don't want to drop it too close to the event and still get tied to it.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I'm not sure if this is good or bad. Personally, I generally find it less than appealing when these companies slap S&W, Colt, or whatever on every semi-gun related item they market.

They can still do that through licensing. Ownership of S&W doesn't really change that, but by not owning S&W it insulates the rest of AO from lawsuit consequences.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    The vampiric investment firms are playing hot-potato with gun-related brands. Probably some fear/bet-hedging in case the Dems get enough clout to remove the PLCAA as they are promising. They don't want to be left holding a gun brand should a big enough lawsuit get through and they don't want to drop it too close to the event and still get tied to it.

^^^What this guy said^^^

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Is this related to AND whatever happened to theissue a couple years ago where the CEO (or likes) at S&W halted all of their instructor and specialty training (only armored stuff remains( and he supposedly referred everyone to a different company which it came out the S&W guy had investment ties to and the stockholders were not happy?

This sort of seemed to go away about as fast as I read it so not sure of the real story.

Anyone familiar?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom