Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

Have you ever....

Have you ever kind of gotten the urge to buy another gun but nothing's really drawing you in? I know this is truly a first world problem if there ever was one. There's lots of things I'd like to have...some of which are merely wishful thinking type things. But nothing is really calling me yet. I've been known to impulse buy before but I'm really trying to avoid that because I'm usually sorry in a couple of days.

I surely can't be the only one...
    INGOer #18,319

Plinker

User Info Menu

It must be the time of year, or the weather because I'm right there with you... perhaps even worse as I'm trying to save up for the new DW Chaos double stack "1911" that won't be available until spring, and if I blow my gun fund now, I'll have to wait longer for that!
    --Rick

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Something always jumps out if you are patient.
    I just start a new project and run the course with it. Then I shoot it a few times and get bored again. It is a malady with no cure.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GodFearinGunTotin View Post
    Have you ever kind of gotten the urge to buy another gun but nothing's really drawing you in? I know this is truly a first world problem if there ever was one. There's lots of things I'd like to have...some of which are merely wishful thinking type things. But nothing is really calling me yet. I've been known to impulse buy before but I'm really trying to avoid that because I'm usually sorry in a couple of days.

I surely can't be the only one...
    Lets run the "South of US 50" checklist (does not include safe-queens):

.30-06 (may substitute a .300 Win Mag or other BIG caliber, but .30-06 is on the impulse buy counter)

Optional .30-30 lever gun

.243 (.22-250, .270, may sub, but .243 is very popular)

12 gauge pump (doubles as home defense)

12 gauge semi

20 gauge (pump or auto)

Optional .410

.22 semi auto, preferably Ruger 10/22

.22 bolt action, single shot is fine if Grandpa bought it back in the 50s

.357 magnum, 6"

.22 revolver, 9 shot

.22 revolver, 6 shot (use this one for bird shot)

Added since I left down there:

Semi-auto 9/40/45 (carry gun)

Semi-auto 9/40/45 (other caliber from the one above)

Optional items include:

Really old rifle, unsure of caliber

Really nice old .38 special (S&W or Colt), round count <10, never loaded, found in dresser drawer when great aunt/uncle passed on)

Really old revolver, unsure of caliber

Any long gun sold under a name used by Sears and Roebuck (Eastern Arms, Ted Williams, etc.)

Double-barrel 12 gauge left off the list. OK, a nice O/U if you shoot trap, SXS (found behind late great aunt/uncle's bedroom door if your cousin got the .38 mentioned above)
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Time to buy a suppressor...
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Yep! I'm currently getting the urge for something, not sure what!

Living in the E-File Poorhouse Yamadog35's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    I just start a new project and run the course with it. Then I shoot it a few times and get bored again. It is a malady with no cure.
    This . . . over and over again.

ACC
    Expert

User Info Menu

This affliction is real and daily for me. Sometimes my will is strong, like yesterday when I decided I did not need an XDM 10mm. Sometime the will is not strong, which is how I ended up with a Stribog SP9A1 this week.

User Info Menu

I'm always up for something new, Gunbroker is indispensable in this way. Having been to gun shows locally and in surrounding states since the 70s, I can say it just doesn't compare.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Master

User Info Menu

Yeah, I've got the urge for a new wheel gun and a nice new trap gun. I shoot a good bit of trap and have always used field guns. It would be nice to have a true trap gun. Maybe after the holidays

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast