• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Finishing my basement. Going with a second amendment theme. I’m going to have a pretty large bar with the second amendment in the actual script on the bar top sealed with a clear epoxy. Looking to get two NON FIRING REPLICAS of muskets similar to what some of the militiamen used during revolutionary war. I plan on crossing them behind the bar and permanently mounting to wall. I’ve done a little bit of research online and haven’t come up with too much. Not going to lie, I’m not huge into historical firearms. Not sure what to even look at.

Im sure some of you on here have much more knowledge in this area and might even know of a good spot to locate such replicas.

Thanks in advance!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Build two of those Traditions Kentucky rifle kits but don't put a flint in them.

This. Especially if you dont personally own any black powder stuff. Its perfectly safe if you dont have the supplies to feed it.

Its not like your kid's friend could bring over a pocketful of shells from home and do something stupid.

And if you really want to be careful, store the ramrods in your gun vault.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Yep a CVA or Traditions kit is what came to my mind. I had one on the wall awhile.

See them at yard sales.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I’m with K_W. If you’ve never fired one of those bad boys, it’s tough enough to do it right even when you have all the right equipment!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    American militia at that time wold have been armed with a variety of guns. I would watch shows and sales as you can pick up muzzle loading stuff pretty cheap there and they will look more like guns. I remember seeing plastic replica guns at a house and they looked like just that.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This. Especially if you dont personally own any black powder stuff. Its perfectly safe if you dont have the supplies to feed it.

Its not like your kid's friend could bring over a pocketful of shells from home and do something stupid.

And if you really want to be careful, store the ramrods in your gun vault

Or, just don't install a nipple.

Top Bottom