Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

Gun Shops With Old Guns in Central Indiana?

I enjoy shopping for older firearms that have an Old West flavor. What shops in the Indy area routinely carry such items? I know Badger Creek Firearms in Moorseville does and the Outpost in Brazil does. Any others? Four Guns in Lafayette has from time to time but that's a long drive.

User Info Menu

500 Guns in Indy has one of the most eclectic selections in the area. You'd like that place.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricnzak View Post
    500 Guns in Indy has one of the most eclectic selections in the area. You'd like that place.
    Beat me to it!
    Endowment Member, National Rifle Association; Member, Gun Owners of America; Member, Second Amendment Foundation; Member, Marion County Fish and Game Association; Member, Crawfordsville Gun Club; Member, Revere's Riders; Rifleman, Project Appleseed; Private Pilot, Airplane, Single-Engine Land

User Info Menu

Yeah, 500 Guns is the only one I know to suggest.

Are there others? Probably. But I haven't found any.
    "The problem with internet quotations is that many are not genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

Marksman

User Info Menu

Another +1 for 500 guns. Marksmans in Westfield has some older and interesting from time to time but his used stuff typically goes pretty quick. He does have a small cabinet that's seems to be dedicated to cowboy action style stuff. Definitely worth stopping in if you find yourself north of Indianapolis.

User Info Menu

Last time I paid attention Elmores had several pre 1900 Winchester rifles from an estate. I would call to see if you're interested in what is there.

NRA Life Member / Basic Pistol instructor / RSO

"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard"
    Unnamed Navy Seal

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

Aron Bright …
    Life's biggest regrets are the things not said and chances not taken

User Info Menu

2 Bear Arms Etna Green. Good peeps. Good shop. Lots of wood.
    No Compromise

Marksman

User Info Menu

May be out of your area, but McDonald's in Marion has a large selection of older guns.

Expert

User Info Menu

There was a gun auction a week ago last Wed that went under the radar in southern Indiana. I didn't hear of it until it was all over. Everything there went embarrassing cheap.

They sold a "double barreled 16ga shotgun" for $60. The guy who made the only bid said he wanted it to put on the wall. The "double barrel" turned out to be a Drilling... no one there obviously knew.

One guy bought an early 1873 Winchester and an early 1892 for $900 apiece. Working order, hand held, shoot'n history for under a grand.

Thought that might get your blood pressure up a bit...

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...