Not open for further replies.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Do any INGOERS sometimes drive a long way to get to a gunshop only to find there is no restroom to reduce your bladder full of coffee? I was in a brand new gunshop in a great building and all but it was an 80 minute drive from my house and they have no provisions for thier customers. They did have handicap parking though. I will go back but have to remember to stop before I go there again. What do INGOERS think of this responsability for a retailer to provide a restroom?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    It's something that's good to know in advance and I agree with Expat. When I go to gun shops I always assume they don't have bathrooms and stop somewhere prior to heading in if I've driven a long way. Or pretty much any distance since I have a bladder the size of a peanut... :):

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Seems to me that any retailer would want to make their costumers comfortable while shopping. I have seen this same thing in other types of stores and thought it rather silly. Jim.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    I've noticed over the years that fewer and fewer businesses have public restrooms. A few months ago I stopped at the bank I have been a member of since 1972. Before going to the teller I looked for the restroom. It was gone!!! I asked the woman at the help desk at the front door and she said they had it recently removed. I am sure there is a restroom for employees, but none for the customers. I guess it is a sign of the times.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    They would have to be an EXCEPTIONAL range for me to go back, and even then.....I'd probably pass up the opportunity. Absolutely no respect or consideration for the people who will pay their bills.

Do they have a dark corner you can use?

BTW, I have never been to a range that does nor offer bathroom facilities.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    At my store we have a restroom that we allow the public to use, but I know of many stores that don't. There are times I have seriously wondered why I do. We get people that stop there just to use the restroom and leave. That wouldn't bother me so much, but there have been several time that an excessive amounting of cleanup is required after some of these visits...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    2nd Amendment range in New Carlisle, In. on 700 N. Just west of La Porte / St Joe county line road.
    They provide a restroom for all.
    Plus a good range and staff.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I can see from a business viewpoint, maintaining a public restroom is an added expense.
    You have additional items to stock, additional man hours to clean and restock.
    Then if you're not handy, the expense of occasionally repairing toilets and sinks, walls and floors that may get damaged.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    If it's a small shop, I would not assume that they would have a rest room. Many small shops of any kind are just not set up that way. They probably have a small restroom in back for employees, and especially with something like a gun shop, you would not want customers traipsing around back there.

A larger shop/range where people will be spending more time, I would think that they would.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I can understand why having one could be a pain, because people suck.
    But between an enlarged prostate, taking a water pill for blood pressure, certain times of the day, I have to go and go often.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I guess if its a chain or a major store I would expect a restroom, otherwise I wouldn't think much about it.

The compliance, cleaning and upkeep is a cost and retail stores have plenty of challenges today to make sales.

We help manage a place with public restrooms. OMG....the things we have seen....

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Agree with all of the above, pain in the groin from the old man with a small bladder perspective, perfectly understandable from the small business perspective.

Try traveling to Europe sometime, finding a public bathroom at all can be quite the challenge and then you are going to have pay to use it. There's no such thing as rest stops along the roads in the sense we are used to, and even the McDonald's require a purchase to be given the code to use the bathroom. In Russia you have to carry your own toilet paper with you, because the bathroom you paid to use isn't going to have it!

I would assume it gets a lot worse in other parts of the world. I know Mexican bathrooms are no fun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom