Milwaukee authorities find weapons stash in hermit's underground bunker... woods

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    OK INGO, am I missing something here? Other than firing shots (presumably) within city limits I don't see a story here. The guy looks scary and lives in a bunker but I don't think that's against the law. From what's in the story the guy is not a felon, a fugitive etc. I see a bunch of SKS mags but no SKS (which is a semi-automatic rifle). The SBS looks like it is a handgun per BATFE.

As far as the "arsenal" of weapons goes, 25% of the firearms are a tube-fed .22 with no stock.

Court records have a resisting arrest in 2012 (no other charges?) and the capital offense of riding a bike with a bunch of dogs following in 2009.

Again, am I missing something?

Bold for emphasis below is mine.

Mugshot-Bunker-AP.jpg

Weapons-Bunker-AP.jpg

A Wisconsin man was founding living in an undetected underground bunk in the Milwaukee woods for years with a dog and a stockpile of weapons and ammunition.

Deputies discovered hermit Geoffrey Goff's odd, hidden abode on Wednesday after responding to a call of shots fired.

After entering the 8-foot-by-8-foot bunker - which was also 20-feet-long - the deputies found an arsenal of weapons including two shotguns, a rifle, a handgun, three knives, ammo and a bow with arrows fashioned from “snowplow stakes,” Milwaukee County Sheriff Earnell Lucas said at a news conference Friday.

“One would wonder how in an urban setting an individual is able to hide in plain sight,” Lucas said.

Graff, 41, was charged Friday with possession of a shotgun, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

He was also charged with reckless endangerment after admitting that he was the one who fired the shots that deputies were called to check out, according to the paper. Graff said he fired three shots towards the Milwaukee River after his dog ran away.

Lucas said GraffÂ’s bunker also had a grill, propane tanks, a generator, various power tools, boxes of food and canned goods.

“Let’s just be thankful that this didn’t manifest itself in a way, that it could’ve been more. We could be investigating something totally different,” Lucas said.

FORMER NAZI BUNKER TO BE SITE OF LUXURY HOTEL

Graff had constructed the bunker on wooded land along the river that was owned by a local college, Fox 6 Milwaukee reported.

The criminal complaint says Graff had been living there for about seven to ten years, according to the paper.

The station quoted Lucas as saying that investigators had “not been able to find any ideological or political motive for the individual's alleged conduct.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Court records show a 2012 arrest for scuffling with cops trying to detain him and a 2009 summons for riding a bike down the street with eight German shepherd dogs running alongside, the station reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/milwaukee-weapons-stash-hermits-underground-bunker-woods

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The zhotty pistol is probably a no go, looks like a full stock was cut. Once it has a stock, a shotgun is a shotgun. Now it would be an illegal sbs

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    His bunker was on the property of the local tech college. Private property. If he did not fire his weapon, he would still be there. Schools and hospitals own tons of land that nobody really monitors. 5 or so years ago there was a guy found dead in a tent on school property that nobody noticed until the leaves fell off the trees. Turns out the guy had been living on the property for over a decade. He just moved the tent further into the brush for the winter. Was not able to do it that year, cause, well.........

I had a car broken into in Milwaukee about 10 years ago. A pistol was taken from the car, this was back before concealed carry in Wisconsin. They recovered the gun within a few days, but I still have yet to receive the notice to come and pick it up. When I consulted a lawyer, he recommended I just buy a replacement as it would be cheaper and also that when the city of Milwaukee recovers a gun, they scribe the case number into the finish of the gun.

The city of Milwaukee, and their mayor, Tom Barrett are completely anti gun. Funny thing is, Barrett got his behind beat ruthlessly while trying to intervene in a simple robbery years back, just outside the state's fair. Figure he would be all about personal protection, but he is a Democrat, so derp.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I guess having a couple of shotgun barrels counts as firearms... That is a stockpile??????

And lately ATF has backed off the SBS, SBR thing if the overall length is less than "the required length" and cannot be shouldered. That allowed Carbine kits for several pistols.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Arsenal? Hell, I don't even see a stockpile of ammo let alone and arsenal! I think the bow is what did him in!

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Forget about the firearms I can't imagine the discipline one has to cover his tracks so thoroughly every time you come to or leave your bunker for years to never be discovered. I am sure people have walked feet from it many hundreds of times. I would like to know if he has some sort of job or if he was on public assistance. I don't think that shooting a gun is an effective way to get your dog to return lol

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    "A*Wisconsin*man was founding living in an undetected underground bunk in the Milwaukee woods for years with a dog and a*stockpile of weapons*and ammunition."

No State property taxes paid in years or subjecting a dog to live in inhumane conditions? Take your pick and follow the money. Now the guy gets a new home and the dog goes to the pound to be euthanized.

SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co
    The video I saw it looked like the typical homeless camp with tons of trash everywhere & broken tents, etc. Normal people avoid homeless camps so it’s not really surprising.

Top Bottom