• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Same here, even ran across the toe tag from Blithe's with the Model and Price for my SR1911 thinking yeah I will never see one new in the box for that price again!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I keep the box and leave everything in them that came except the gun. I take detailed pix as I'm opening them up. If new and the gun has any stickers, I'll re-sticker them to some coated card stock or a wax type paper and try to keep them whole.
    I will usually leave the original mag in the box as well as any locks, the paperwork, etc... If I do any mods, I'll keep the original parts from the gun and eventually put them bagged in the box.

Sounds crazy, Right?

Then.....
    I store all the boxes in 2 closets that are dedicated to storing........... Gun Boxes.... and optic boxes, other gun related boxes.

If I ever were to sell or trade (which is VERY RARE) then I have everything the new owner would ever want.

I've already told my girls when I die, they can do anything they want with the guns and boxes as long as they don't mind me haunting them if they choose poorly.

This is kinda Déjà Vuish.....

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yes. I need to have a cardboard box bonfire.

I have not seen that cardboard boxes make any difference at all on resale for long guns. It certainly doesn't to me as a buyer.

Handguns now days is a given that you are getting the factory plastic case when buying used.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    At least for a couple years, even the shipping box. ESPECIALLY for long guns. And especially after I had to wait an extra week to service a rifle when I didnt have an appropriate box to ship an upper back for service.

Now I keep a couple upper/full rifle shipping boxes just in case one needs to go home for a repair.

SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co
    Yes. Everything it comes with, except magazines, stays in the boxes. I stack boxes/cases on top of the gun safe & handgun cases get stacked on a shelf. Old CMP/NRA guns, blue label colts, etc the box/case add to the price & helps my OCD.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I save box and anything that came with the firearm. I only throw out the firearm.

(Do you think ATF will believe that?)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yes. Everything it comes with, except magazines, stays in the boxes. I stack boxes/cases on top of the gun safe & handgun cases get stacked on a shelf. Old CMP/NRA guns, blue label colts, etc the box/case add to the price & helps my [STRIKE]OCD[/STRIKE] CDO.

FIFY... It's the same as OCD, but in alphabetical order like it should be.* ;)

*Seen quoted by DeadEyeChrista's Dad :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    On the rare occasion that I have bought a handgun that came in a case, I save them. I've only ever bought one rifle that came in a case and that was a Garand from the CMP. Most of my guns are so old that if they ever had boxes, they were long gone before I ever got them. I don't save shipping boxes.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I dont keep anything.

I had a customer once who I was mounting an EGW base on his rifle. Inside the packaging the screws come in a little zip lock baggie (roughly 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch). I always just bite the top of the baggy off, remove the screws and throw the baggy away. This guy threw a fit because he wanted to keep the original package.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I dont keep anything.

I had a customer once who I was mounting an EGW base on his rifle. Inside the packaging the screws come in a little zip lock baggie (roughly 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch). I always just bite the top of the baggy off, remove the screws and throw the baggy away. This guy threw a fit because he wanted to keep the original package.

There are a ton of those little baggies downtown...you just need to be in the right neighborhood! :dunno:

Top Bottom