• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Over the years I’ve had the opportunity to actually buy and try out several guns that I thought I wanted. I’ve made some bad decisions in getting a few I thought I wanted. The nicest worst one was a Colt Python. I bought three of them back in the day. Couldn’t get
    any of them to shoot well. Actions were hard to perfect. Small parts and springs broke, cylinders would lock up, all 18 chambers miked 9 dimensions all over the place. 2 would not shoot POA with sights regulated down on the frame and in middle of line of bore.
    they sure were pretty though.

whats the worst gun you ever had?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Im not sure calling them the worse is correct in my experience. The three guns I've owned that I liked the least was probably my fault.

Keltec pf9: Beat the hell out of my wrist. Too painful to shoot.

Rossi ranch hand: cool gun and all, but the grip was funky which made it awkward to shoot.

Mossberg 500: 12ga kick is not my idea of a good time.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Probably this one:

bolt_action_shotgun.jpg

It was pretty worn out by the time I got it and when you would fire it, powder residue hit me in the face.

Or a Mosin-Nagant that I had to use a mallet to open the bolt after firing. I did all the tricks to loosen it up and still couldn't get it to work. I would have liked that rifle if not for that issue. I sold it to a guy who didn't seem to mind. Hopefully he was able to get it to work. He seemed to think he could.

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    Keltec PF9. Bought one from PSS years ago. Wouldn't feed at all. Mailed it to keltec($45), 3 months later it came back with a polished feed ramp and still wouldn't feed. Sold the sub2k I had out of spite and haven't given them a dime since.

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    The worst gun I've ever had was an eaa windacator. It would lock up with just about every other trigger pull. I didn't want anyone else to deal with this junker so I contacted a local gunsmith and offered it to him for free as a parts gun, which he gladly accepted.

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    +Farmerjon! I bought a Jennings Jammatic 22lr from a coworker. Had decent finish, 2 mags, and tried 5 different loads. No joy! Jammed every other round. Cleaned, oiled, left ammo in mag to "loosen new spring", traded at a shop for a fishing rod.
    Have actually caught fish, and still have it! Replaced line a few times over 10 years, but it doesn't jam!
    My Ruger 2245 was a hoot to fire, and a 1873 Uberti 22lr(single action), both not real expensive. Guess that's why Jennings are throw down pieces. you get miffed.... you throw it down! LOL.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Savage pump gun. Bought it from a fellow INGOer in New Castle. I was assured it functioned well. I was lied to. Cartridge would stick in the chamber after firing, necessitating extreme measures to get it to cycle. I used it as a lesson in full disclosure when I took Deadeye Christa to the 1500, and sold it to a vendor. What a P.O.S.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    Well, the worst gun I ever owned was a Glock 21.
    I couldn't get that stupid thing to hit the broad side of a barn.
    I spent 2 years of frustration trying to make myself become proficient with that POS...nothing.
    Then, one day, a former Navy instructor was watching me and told me my grip was wrong for that gun.
    Yeah, right, I have been shooting hammer fired handguns for 50 years, I know about proper grip.
    Well, he said, do this, I tried it, and damn if that stupid POS, and this old stupid fart, started knocking bullseyes out of the targets.
    My "worst" gun, has now become my favorite gun.
    Don't ever let anyone tell you you can't learn something new.
    Also, contrary to popular belief, there is a difference in shooting a hammer fired gun and a striker fired gun.
    Other than that, I can't say I have ever had a "worst gun".

Last edited:

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Probably this one:

bolt_action_shotgun.jpg

It was pretty worn out by the time I got it and when you would fire it, powder residue hit me in the face.

Or a Mosin-Nagant that I had to use a mallet to open the bolt after firing. I did all the tricks to loosen it up and still couldn't get it to work. I would have liked that rifle if not for that issue. I sold it to a guy who didn't seem to mind. Hopefully he was able to get it to work. He seemed to think he could.

gregkl, Wow! If that is a old Mossberg. What a blast from the past (no pun intended). My father has one just like it that my mother bought NIB for him in 1961 on their first Christmas. He never really used it so it is like new with all the original manufacturer's paperwork. It is a 20 gauge. I could not imagine actually hunting with it now days as it would be so impractical.

dmazzio

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Danville
    Beretta U22 NEOS

Bought it used from another INGO'er. Couldn't get thru one 10 Rnd mag without it jamming, tried all different ammo, no matter what I did still jammed. Could have been just the particular one I had.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    gregkl, Wow! If that is a old Mossberg. What a blast from the past (no pun intended). My father has one just like it that my mother bought NIB for him in 1961 on their first Christmas. He never really used it so it is like new with all the original manufacturer's paperwork. It is a 20 gauge. I could not imagine actually hunting with it now days as it would be so impractical.

Yup, it's a Mossberg.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'll put in another vote for the PF9. That thing was a pain to shoot. It was wonderful to carry but after a mag, the flinches started kicking in and I couldn't hit a thing.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    The two I disliked the most are the Sig 556 and Walther P99.

Other than that it was a striker trying to be a DA/SA, why no love for the Walther?

Beretta U22 NEOS

Bought it used from another INGO'er. Couldn't get thru one 10 Rnd mag without it jamming, tried all different ammo, no matter what I did still jammed. Could have been just the particular one I had.

know a guy who has (had?) one. Took some tinkering and a trip to Beretta under warranty and it at least functions most of the time.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Lorcin .380 The mag was folded sheet metal that wasn't even tack-welded. The base plate was held in place with four small crimps. Once the sheet metal opened up the crimps lost their grip and the compressed spring launched the bottom out of the magazine. I probably could have got a replacement from ProMag.:):

I could never get three round to feed in a row.

Lorcin, Jennings, Phoenix, Bryco, Raven, the best California had to offer.

Same. It was my first handgun and I ended up hating it. I wasn't completely new to shooting, so I knew it was a piece of crap.

I was new to shooting and this was one of my first handguns. I should have known it was a piece of crap.

Top Bottom