Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Cop did nothing wrong. Thief is to blame, not the officer.
    Kirk Freeman, INGO's Dennis Miller of gun culture references

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    You must be new around here. Welcome to INGO.

User Info Menu

I wonder how the weapon was secured in the car? Unless you knew, you'd be completely lost on how to pull an rifle out of CPD car.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

Guy was discussing this on FaceBook. A few things he pointed out. The car could have been broken into or access gained through other means. (Coat hanger though the window to hit the unlock bottom.)

It was a select fire weapon. A magazine and a single round were found nearby.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    You must be new around here. Welcome to INGO.
    No, I think he's right. Any time someone points out anything that could have been done to reduce the chances of being a crime victim, that is "victim blaming". Victim blaming is forbidden.
    Last edited by HoughMade; 11-25-2019 at 15:23.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    I wonder how the weapon was secured in the car? Unless you knew, you'd be completely lost on how to pull an rifle out of CPD car.
    What would make getting a rifle out of a CPD car any more difficult than any other police car? Do they have some fancier gun mount with some special swipe card access panel or something?
    Back before the MCSD/IPD merger in 2007, we had inmate workers at the garage washing cars. Even they knew how to open the overhead shotgun racks. Both by bypassing the electric switch and using the key.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    The Department's own report stated the weapon was "unsecured", whatever that means. I could understand them not wanting to give further details so as not to educate would-be thieves.

Any way you slice it, a fail nonetheless unless the thief broke into the car and/or defeated additional security measures and devices.
    Endowment Member, National Rifle Association; Member, Gun Owners of America; Member, Second Amendment Foundation; Member, Marion County Fish and Game Association; Member, Crawfordsville Gun Club; Member, Revere's Riders; Rifleman, Project Appleseed; Private Pilot, Airplane, Single-Engine Land

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

Wonder if there is a record of radio transmissions from Martinsville/Morgan Co on this?

I happened to catch a bit of a radio transmission on the scanner app. I could certainly be mistaken, but I think I heard a reference to a search for a weapon that was "lost from a Martinsville unit."

Maybe I heard it wrong. Maybe interpreted the phrase wrong?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    This.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    No, I think he's right. Any time someone points out anything that could have been done to reduce the chances of being a crime victim, that is "victim blaming". Victim blaming is forbidden.
    I agree completely, but soon, there will be people calling for the officer to be fired, or beheaded.

Thieves are dirtbags. Stealing is wrong. The officer might have violated a department policy, or maybe not, doesn't really matter to me. Somebody knowingly and intentionally took something that didn't belong to them. That's a violation of the law, the Ten Commandments, and just plain old fashioned human decency. Let's see who gets in more trouble.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast