Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    Cop did nothing wrong. Thief is to blame, not the officer.
    Ive called civilians dumb for leaving unlocked guns in vehicles and ill call cops that too. Especially cops because its a freaking cop car, so of coarse there are guns in it.
    Dumb choice, not necessarily dumb people. To clarify my opinion.
    Ask not what your country can do for you, Ask what you can do for your country. - President John F. Kennedy

User Info Menu

This thread is on its way to a short future...
    Endowment Member, National Rifle Association; Member, Gun Owners of America; Member, Second Amendment Foundation; Member, Marion County Fish and Game Association; Member, Crawfordsville Gun Club; Member, Revere's Riders; Rifleman, Project Appleseed; Private Pilot, Airplane, Single-Engine Land

User Info Menu

Been watching the thread since I started it. Here's my points:
    1) I don't care if you are civilian or LEO or super secret squirrel. WE should ALWAYS secure our firearms. Period. If that means you take a few minutes to move it from the car to the house, so be it. If you have a way to secure in a truck/ vehicle vault, then DO IT! It's called being responsible.
    2) If you are trusted by a company or municipality with equipment, it is your JOB to keep it secure. Again, be responsible.
    3) Most thieves are not genius planners. If they see a target of opportunity, they take it. Why make it easy?
    4) I'm not bashing police. I'm pissed that people don't take responsibility for their actions. If my car is stolen because I was too lazy, cold etc to sit in it while it warmed up and it was stolen then crashed and killed someone, did I not set the ball rolling by my negligence?
    5) Many in the MSM talk about only the police NEED guns. Yet here we are with someone who is negligent with a weapon. This proves it can happen to even those that supposedly have the training to possess them. That could be more fodder for the left and the right to spin how they want.
    We don't live in Mayberry in the 60's anymore.

Bob

User Info Menu

Everyone knows you don't leave guns in your car.

You're suppose to leave them in your trailer.

behind your shop......

in the alley......

all night......

Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtanker View Post
    Guy was discussing this on FaceBook. A few things he pointed out. The car could have been broken into or access gained through other means. (Coat hanger though the window to hit the unlock bottom.)

It was a select fire weapon. A magazine and a single round were found nearby.
    The government is arming criminals with machine guns again, while telling us how dangerous having our semi-auto peashooters is.
    "Fiat justitia ruat caelum" - Trey Gowdy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    So, you perceive one theft as scarier than the other, therefore, the officer should be severely punished, or terminated? Makes perfect sense.

For the record, alcohol related deaths (88,000), are more than twice that of firearms (39,773).
    Theft of bubble gum is not as scary as a firearm theft, you went there and your attempt of a hecklers veto is ridiculous

First things first, those alcohol related deaths, not once did I or some one else put a beer or drink in a PERSONS HAND AND FORCE THEM TO DRINK IT.
    Alcohol related deaths is not the issue here.
    Myself and others that are and was in the business take great precations to prevent theft, because theft is lost profits, lost profits mean no raise and less money I/we made, and negligence
    on my or others to SECURE thier load is grounds for termination.

Now to the important issue, Laptops, first-aid, clothing and any non weapon is not going to cause a problem like a stolen firearm.
    Maybe there should be some thought of not leaving the shotgun/rifle in the vehicle. After all, does a officer EVER leave their service sidearm in the vehicle?
    Nope, it's brought in your residence on your hip when you come home and secured.

If you're too darn LAZY to make sure those three things are out of harms way and away from potential theft, then maybe a career change is in effect.

I support our law enforcement, but common sense dictates those 3 items be removed promptly when the vehicle is parked the night in a outside environment.

I have the same issue with the guy on the street corner who does the same thing, leaving a firearm in vehicle where there's a chance of it being stolen by some meth head or banger and used against ME,
    a relative, friend or some other person because someone was not responsible, in that case they should loose that privilege to carry, but NOT to defend their home.
    Last edited by IndyBeerman; 11-26-2019 at 17:33.
    Butthurt (*)......It happens a lot here on INGO, get over it if it happens to you.

Trump reaffirms my decision everyday voting for him as President and my
    reason for voting for him again in 2020.

Member#630, geez I've been here a while.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    So, you perceive one theft as scarier than the other, therefore, the officer should be severely punished, or terminated? Makes perfect sense.

For the record, alcohol related deaths (88,000), are more than twice that of firearms (39,773).
    This is why drunks shouldn't have beer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tombs View Post
    while telling us how dangerous having our semi-auto peashooters is are.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBeerman View Post
    and negligence
    on my or others to SECURE thier load

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sigblitz View Post
    - No, "is" was appropriate. The subject of that sentence was "having our semi-auto peashooters", not "peashooters". *helpful*

FTFY...

User Info Menu

Grammar Nazis everywhere.

And you're right.
    I feel so dumb.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast