• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Anyone have any stories yet about thanksgiving dinner discussions. Any no one needs a 30 round magazine, or you do not need that for hunting. Just wondering?

Just had dinner with the wife's family her cousin is a lobbyist for Walmart and his wife was an aid for Obama, now a big wig at Lyft... I left my f.i.l. do the hassling. Nothing extraordinary just funny. He also gifted their newborn baby a Trump onesie... they are good humored about it thankfully. It is still funny seeing their reactions.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    We can't even begin to discuss politics at any family event. Guns are fine. Had a great time prior to dinner doing a little shooting on the family range. It was a good day!

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Not Thanksgiving, but Christmas after the Sandy Hook murders my brother essentially accused me of being complicit because I own AR-15's. The argument didn't last long, and basically ended with us agreeing that we weren't going to change each others minds. We still talk, but it is very infrequent and limited.

Unfortunate, but it is what it is.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not Thanksgiving, but Christmas after the Sandy Hook murders my brother essentially accused me of being complicit because I own AR-15's. The argument didn't last long, and basically ended with us agreeing that we weren't going to change each others minds. We still talk, but it is very infrequent and limited.

Unfortunate, but it is what it is.

These arguments and confrontations from those who think and feel like your brother has caused me to step away from my dads side of the family. Completely.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Normally would have been at home today, but due to recent move we went to a friend's extended family gathering that was held at one of their family member's new home. When I saw he had a vault door that was about 1.5 times the size of a very large fridge, I figured there were not going to be any concerns on the table discussion. Didn't ask to see the inside of it due to the crowd and not knowing the owner real well, but would have liked to have checked it out.

Top Bottom