• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    This episode of the tv show Bull is about two brothers - one 17 and one 13. The 13 yr cajoles the 17 year, who knows the combination to the locked gun safe and the locked gun box, into letting him see the gun. Unclear as to how the gun became loaded, but the result was the younger boy shot and killed his older brother. The younger brother is not prosecuted but the DA decides to go after the father (the gunowner) for having a gun in the home and, presumably, loaded. Turns out the 13 year is a dangerous sociopath who planned his brothers death.

At issue is a zealous DA who wants to send the father to prison for his non part in the “accidental shooting” as well as the failure of the mother accept her son is a pathological liar. Even when the DA is given proof the younger son committed murder she still wants put the father prison because he allowed access to the gun safe by the younger brother.

The conclusion to the story resulted in the father being exonerated and the boy being charged (at age 13) with murder. Regardless, the actions of the DA served to portray the real life potential of a DA to actively pursue a gun owner with a lawfully owned firearm as being the culpable individual.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Ive watched Bull a few times. I think they left one word out of the title. Not a big fan of it. YMMV

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    All the tv shows are putting the left in your face, indoctrinating the new normal.

Network TV has been an instrument of control and indoctrination for a loooooong time. Way more so in the past, when it was the only game in town.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Network TV has been an instrument of control and indoctrination for a loooooong time. Way more so in the past, when it was the only game in town.

I think its worse today as the SJW's seem to have more control over programming and "editorial control" over the scripts or themes of the various shows now.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I can't watch shows that involved trials and trial prep without constantly yammering about all the BS.

The exception was the original Law and Order which, other than playing the cases on ultra-fast forward, at least tried to be legally accurate.

I watched part of "The Rainmaker" the other day and what that poor family needed wasn't Matt Damon. It was a competent lawyer.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I can't watch shows that involved trials and trial prep without constantly yammering about all the BS.

The exception was the original Law and Order which, other than playing the cases on ultra-fast forward, at least tried to be legally accurate.

I watched part of "The Rainmaker" the other day and what that poor family needed wasn't Matt Damon. It was a competent lawyer.

I'm that way with all the shows portraying the exciting life of a dentist. Oh wait, there aren't any shows like that.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area

I have the same problem when they do computer stuff in TV shows, so much is just wrong. Sometimes I can ignore it and laugh at it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm that way with all the shows portraying the exciting life of a dentist. Oh wait, there aren't any shows like that.

Well, there was Hermey the elf in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer... Although I don't think he ever became a dentist, he did want to become one. That's all I've got. ;)

Top Bottom