• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    In working my tables at the gun Show today I am always amazed at how many peeps just grab the guns and start working actions and pulling triggers and point them at other people or their buddies head or themselves. When I wait patiently for a vendor to give me permission to handle his guns, I always get a “thank you for asking” and get some bewildered looks when I don’t sweep everybody. What are some INGO experiences with this?

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    It isn't just gun shows. I hate being in a gun store. The sales people almost seem afraid to correct unsafe handling of the guns because they are afraid to lose sales. I was looking at guns in the used area a few days ago and the sales guy never checked any of the guns before handing them to me. I also had to push the barrel of a rifle away from me that another customer was handling. I am not sure why people thank that the gun safety rules don't apply where guns are being sold.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It must be bad. A couple weeks ago I stopped in our RK to browse. I asked the clerk to see a gun that was in the case. He checked it and handed it to me; then I checked it and began pawing it. He thanked me for not flagging him when he gave it to me. It must be a common occurrence.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Look at they fight me on INGO when I tell them to stop doing stupid, unsafe s**t with guns. The Aspies go out of their minds.

People want license to behave stupidly, it is a mix of mental illness and bravado. Only education can change this.

drm-hp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Brownsburg
    I have never displayed at a public event, I am not sure that I even like going for the most part anymore. Last year a show I was at there was an accidental discharge while I was there with my wife. BAD FEELING!
    I have displayed at a private show several times, and it was VERY respectful as only members and invited guests are allowed.
    Although I would like to go to Louisville and Tulsa sometime.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Education might help.
    Might not.
    There is no absolute cure for stupid.

The lack of gun education is just as bad on the other side of the table or sales counter.....
    I was berated by the owner of Madison Co guns when it was open for opening the cylinder of a Colt revolver that he pulled out of the case and handed me to look at.
    He went into a rant and I handed him the revolver back and said I wasn't interested....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Look at they fight me on INGO when I tell them to stop doing stupid, unsafe s**t with guns. The Aspies go out of their minds.

People want license to behave stupidly, it is a mix of mental illness and bravado. Only education can change this.

These same people mistake freedom/rights for the license to be stupid. It is far easier to be stupid.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have never felt the need to act so dramatic with a gun I am looking at. I see some guys that almost seem to strike a series of poses.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Not me. I don't think it is funny.

In fact, unsafe/stupid gun handling is one of the few things that will get me to put on the dad voice and bark at a stranger in public. Morons. To be clear, though, I am every bit as disappointed in a vendor who doesn't immediately correct such behavior in ANYONE the he has just handed a firearm to.

Top Bottom