• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Has anyone ever sent their slide off for a sight install to either of them? Looking to go with large orange Dot tritium combo and a Plain black wide notch for the rear.

Thanks

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I’ve used Novak’s for several guns. Very good work, no idea what they cost now, as opposed to the mid-90’s when I still carried 1911’s and BHP’s daily.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I’ve used Novak’s for several guns. Very good work, no idea what they cost now, as opposed to the mid-90’s when I still carried 1911’s and BHP’s daily.

Looks like they charge less than $50.00 install for front and rear. Having found the sweet spot for me I am getting both of my 1911’s set up with the same type of sights. Not sure why but for me the orange stands out the most for me.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Looks like they charge less than $50.00 install for front and rear. Having found the sweet spot for me I am getting both of my 1911’s set up with the same type of sights. Not sure why but for me the orange stands out the most for me.

It's more like 125.00 if you want the front and rear machined for the traditional novak sight, still a good deal really.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Not sure why you’d send it off if it’s slready machined then?

I know my limitations, last time I trusted someone local the front sight fell off on the ground. Further more the alleged gunsmith attitude was oh it happens.

Novak’s has exactly what I would like so it seems like a good idea.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I know my limitations, last time I trusted someone local the front sight fell off on the ground. Further more the alleged gunsmith attitude was oh it happens.

Novak’s has exactly what I would like so it seems like a good idea.

Novaks would get it done right for sure and their turnaround time is pretty fast.

Top Bottom