• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    I recently came across the "cool fire" training system. It's supposed to simulate at least some of the recoil and to reset the trigger. Additionally it can "shoot" a laser if you have laser targets or other training aid set up for that sort of thing.
    Since it's a drop in barrel replacement you can use the rest of the gun as you would normally, so if you've upgraded the trigger you can use that.

It sounds like a really cool (pun) system, but it's rather expensive. Does anyone have an experience with it or opinions on it? The main advantage I see is you can practice shot strings better than just dry fire.
    Alternatively, is it significantly better than a laser handgun?

Here's the link to the product in question if anyone has any thoughts.
    https://coolfiretrainer.com/

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I'm just thinking for most major platforms you could buy a .22 upper kit for about the same money. In fact, I did, and the vast majority of the trigger pulls on my 229 have been shooting .22. the nice thing about that is that you're very familiar, muscle memory wise, with the fire control group of your chosen pistol,. just like this sim system. But you're actually putting rounds downrange. That allows you to work out issues with marksmanship and flinch that a sim system may not.

As usual, my opinion and ten bucks will buy you a really nice cup of starbux, so ya gets what ya pays for.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm just thinking for most major platforms you could buy a .22 upper kit for about the same money. In fact, I did, and the vast majority of the trigger pulls on my 229 have been shooting .22. the nice thing about that is that you're very familiar, muscle memory wise, with the fire control group of your chosen pistol,. just like this sim system. But you're actually putting rounds downrange. That allows you to work out issues with marksmanship and flinch that a sim system may not.

As usual, my opinion and ten bucks will buy you a really nice cup of starbux, so ya gets what ya pays for.

The difference is my wife is a LOT less pissed when I run a CoolFire in the basement vs a rimfire conversion. :):

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My wife is smart enough to know what gunpowder smells like. LOL

"um, no honey, its a new type of incense."

jek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    My wife is smart enough to know what gunpowder smells like. LOL

"um, no honey, its a new type of incense."

They do make gunpowder and gun lube smelling candles. If you light those off at random times when you have an alibi then it may help explain yourself when it smells like gunpowder and you don't have an alibi.

Top Bottom