• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I just got back from grocery shopping today. As I passed the "sporting goods area" I noticed that all centerfire ammo had been removed from the glass case. There was only shotgun ammo and .22 rimfire. Looks like their 2 month "evaluation" regarding ammunition sales is over. Looks like they are following WalMart's lead.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I have checked the prices at Meijer a few times if I was already in the store, but their prices and selection were pretty poor. Rural King is right across the street so I almost always end up over there.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    No big loss, but for me Wal Mart (Fishers) right across the street not stocking ammo, oh crap, where do I get my cheap range ammo now?

SGAMMO.COM I guess.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    The next step is banning "unregulated" online sales of ammo.

Right. Make no mistake, there's a plan being executed here.

Our local Wal-Mart is shot-gun only ammo now. They got rid of the sporting goods counter and knife case altogether.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Right. Make no mistake, there's a plan being executed here.

Our local Wal-Mart is shot-gun only ammo now. They got rid of the sporting goods counter and knife case altogether.
    Dangit, I meant to go look at our local store today while I was there finishing up some Christmas shopping. I know they still have a knife case because I heard someone calling for assistance at the knife case over the store PA system. You'd think that would have jogged my memory to go check. :ugh:

jndturner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2013
    Noblesville, IN
    I was out in Nebraska last week and had to run into a Walmart there to pick up a few supplies. I went past the ammo counter and they still had a decent stock of hand gun ammunition including 9 mm, and 38 special. I didn’t look real close as I had other things to do. This makes me wonder if this is really being enforced everywhere or if there is just a low demand at this store.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’ve bought .45 ammo from Meijer’s in the past and it was a really frustrating experience. You have to run around to find someone to unlock the cabinet and when you do find someone, they don’t have the key. The one person with the key is nowhere to be found but you don’t know that until you’ve been waiting for about 5 minutes. Then, just when you are ready to give up, they find the person and tell you that they are on their way only to have to wait another 5 minutes before they actually show up.

I swear, they give the ammo cabinet key to the most anti-gun person on the floor and that person drags their feet as much as possible. Plus, the prices sucked.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Big picture is that we should be concerned about retail ammo sources drying up.

Who will replace them? How subject to intimidation or regulation will the next source be?

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    The next step is banning "unregulated" online sales of ammo.

For anyone who shoots more than half a Winchester white box of hunting cartridges a year and who worries about the future, unless you've been in a coma there is ZERO reason not to have a comfortable stockpile by now. I don't care how you spend or save your money, but relying on big box stores to get your ammunition fix is a bad investment. We've enjoyed cheap bulk ammo for several years now (some even call these the "golden years" of ammo prices). Aluminum, steel ... hell, even brass cased stuff is cheap right now.

I get that the vast majority of us aren't made of money, and most of us don't have a spare warehouse of storage lying around, but every gun owner who actually shoots any of their guns should have an ammo reserve squirreled away somewhere. Same goes for mags and spare parts.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Big picture is that we should be concerned about retail ammo sources drying up.

Who will replace them? How subject to intimidation or regulation will the next source be?
    That is the thing that most concerns me. Another is that the fewer retailer of ammo, the higher the prices. Competition in a free market economy is a good thing.

Top Bottom