• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I was at my LGS and they were looking up a stainless steel Model 60 and ran across a coming soon walnut stock stainless steel 150th anniversary Model 60. They also found a 150 anniversary 1895 45/70. No pictures. Has anyone seen any news on these Anniversary firearms coming out? They did have a price for the Model 60 of $321. No price on the 1895 45/70. I need pictures or videos if you have seen them.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Yeaaaah, no, it's not 150 years. Marlin ceased to be Marlin when Freedom Group bought them out, fired everyone, and closed their plants.

This is the 11th anniversary of the Junk Manufacturing Corporation Which Bears the Name Marlin.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    People love to bash, but the 336 I bought for my father several years ago can't seem to miss and drops deer reliably. I tend to let results guide my opinion of things like this, not noise on the internet. I'd buy another Marlin in a heartbeat.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Yeaaaah, no, it's not 150 years. Marlin ceased to be Marlin when Freedom Group bought them out, fired everyone, and closed their plants.

This is the 11th anniversary of the Junk Manufacturing Corporation Which Bears the Name Marlin.

From a hole in the ground. Will put up my Newer Marlins against anylever you got. Anyday. Anytime. Current runs are better than anytime in Marlin History and I can prove it. These keyboard clown shooter wannabes don’t have a clue. IMHO

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have a JM stamped 1894 in .44mag that was made very near the end of the JM stamping.
    I also have two Rem stamped Marlins, a 336 in .35Remington, and an 1895 in .45-70gvt.
    Both of the Rem stamped guns are of later manufacture, in the last 3 or 4 years.

I had a bit of issues with the dreaded "Marlin hitch" with the 1894, but worked that out myself.
    The .35Rem and the .45-70 have been flawless in operation, are beautiful in fit and finish, and shooting to point of aim.

I might shy away from a REM stamped Marlin from right at the transition, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new one.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I have a JM stamped 1894 in .44mag that was made very near the end of the JM stamping.
    I also have two Rem stamped Marlins, a 336 in .35Remington, and an 1895 in .45-70gvt.
    Both of the Rem stamped guns are of later manufacture, in the last 3 or 4 years.

I had a bit of issues with the dreaded "Marlin hitch" with the 1894, but worked that out myself.
    The .35Rem and the .45-70 have been flawless in operation, are beautiful in fit and finish, and shooting to point of aim.

I might shy away from a REM stamped Marlin from right at the transition, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new one.

yes to here is what happened in a nut shell. Marlin was a perfect storm of poor management which led to poor production on a steady course downward since sometime in the middle 70’s. Coming of the line some were good, many not so good. As time went on working pride and money issues only got worse. Winchester had already folded as no one wanted a fake Winchester anymore, especially with a rebounding hammer. Marlin was doomed to close forever ending this countries real lever action rifles. This left the opportunity for Henry to step in and offer a good product at a fair price. However, not Kosher in design. Luckily Remington picked up the pieces and now does it right. However, during the transition, things got really bad. I have seen no rifilings in barrels, guns out of time from the factory, fit and finish horrible. FWIW in consulting work About 25 of these went through my hands. I advised and passed on 22 of these and still have one transition gun in stock. Fast forward to everything made after 2018...100% of the 15 Only one had to go back to Remlin for a stock that was broken in shipping. The insides are CNC machines cleaner than any old Marlin I have owned. This is the real story and I am glad Remington kept this fine Rifle alive. Incidentally, the triggers are shootable without any tuning.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    yes to here is what happened in a nut shell. Marlin was a perfect storm of poor management which led to poor production on a steady course downward since sometime in the middle 70’s. Coming of the line some were good, many not so good. As time went on working pride and money issues only got worse. Winchester had already folded as no one wanted a fake Winchester anymore, especially with a rebounding hammer. Marlin was doomed to close forever ending this countries real lever action rifles. This left the opportunity for Henry to step in and offer a good product at a fair price. However, not Kosher in design. Luckily Remington picked up the pieces and now does it right. However, during the transition, things got really bad. I have seen no rifilings in barrels, guns out of time from the factory, fit and finish horrible. FWIW in consulting work About 25 of these went through my hands. I advised and passed on 22 of these and still have one transition gun in stock. Fast forward to everything made after 2018...100% of the 15 Only one had to go back to Remlin for a stock that was broken in shipping. The insides are CNC machines cleaner than any old Marlin I have owned. This is the real story and I am glad Remington kept this fine Rifle alive. Incidentally, the triggers are shootable without any tuning.

Thanks for the update. I just seen a picture of the model 60 anniversary edition at my LGS it's very nice. I'm definitely going to buy one once they come out. Thinking of grabbing the 4570 150th as well. Both look great.

Top Bottom