Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marlin 150th Anniversary Firearms

User Info Menu

Question Marlin 150th Anniversary Firearms

I was at my LGS and they were looking up a stainless steel Model 60 and ran across a coming soon walnut stock stainless steel 150th anniversary Model 60. They also found a 150 anniversary 1895 45/70. No pictures. Has anyone seen any news on these Anniversary firearms coming out? They did have a price for the Model 60 of $321. No price on the 1895 45/70. I need pictures or videos if you have seen them.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

User Info Menu

Funny, Marlin's website brags about "more than 140 years". Nothing about a 150th anniversary.

User Info Menu

Ignore the "uuhhhhhs" !!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by t-squared View Post
    Ignore the "uuhhhhhs" !!!

Wow they look great. Thanks for finding it for me.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

User Info Menu

Update:
    I contacted Marlin via email. They said they should be shipping by mid January 2020.

Ark

User Info Menu

Yeaaaah, no, it's not 150 years. Marlin ceased to be Marlin when Freedom Group bought them out, fired everyone, and closed their plants.

This is the 11th anniversary of the Junk Manufacturing Corporation Which Bears the Name Marlin.

User Info Menu

So the consensus is Marlin is junk now days?

User Info Menu

Some recent lever gun discussion....https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/l...un-advice.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DadSmith View Post
    So the consensus is Marlin is junk now days?
    It's just Marlin's turn to get beat up. Whenever some change occurs the gun community goes overboard. I've owned several later model Marlins from .22's to .35 Rem and haven't had any issues and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Marksman

User Info Menu

People love to bash, but the 336 I bought for my father several years ago can't seem to miss and drops deer reliably. I tend to let results guide my opinion of things like this, not noise on the internet. I'd buy another Marlin in a heartbeat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast