• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I remembered reading about an ammunition plant that was opening in Warrick Co. several years ago. I Googled it and found articles saying it was Patriot Ammo but Google doesn't produce any results for Patriot Ammo in Indiana. It is a popular name and I found results in other states.
    Does anyone know if the plant opened, is it still operating, where is this ammo sold? Just curious if this venture was successful.

papa6x

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    SW Indiana
    It never opened. The people that was going to do it basically said it was going to cost to much. They build machines for the place where I work, I think the guy with the money passed away. Don't quote me on that, but I think that's what happened. The counter balances on some of the things are filled with .22 caliber lead

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the information. I imagine the costs to run an ammo plant would be very high. Hazardous material controls, insurance and shipping cost of a heavy product would be significant.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    They remodeled an existing building and had it ready to go with all equipment. This was right around the 2016 election. Unfortunately several large orders that were in the pipeline were cancelled due to the drop in demand after the election (major deals with Cabelas, etc) and they didn't open. They ended up selling the entire business & equipment to another entity and it is pumping out ammo elsewhere.

Top Bottom